cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pg348 stuck at 60 Hz

bayard
Level 7
hi All,

Has someone got any good ideas what can I do with this issue.
My 6 month old pg348 suddenly doesn't want to overclock - it is stuck at either 60 or 50 (depending on what I selected in nvidia setting).
Worked fine for 6 months, there were no changes in the PC configuration or cable (same displayport cable that came with the monitor, card is an EVGA Gforce 1080Ti)
I go to Over Clocking, move joystick right, tick out the ON, go down to Max Refresh Rate, push joystick, select a value from 75 to 100 (tried all). Click again. I get the message that after reboot I need to set the Max Refresh Rate in Nvidia. Push joystick again. One quick red flicker, then I see black screen with 100Hz in the middle ( no matter what value I selected) then another quick flicker with black screen/100 HZ, then the screen returns but shows the Light in Motion option window for some reason, with the 4 Levels to select. I have to click on the joystick again to make it disappear, kind of like selecting.

Now if I go back to the Over Clocking option with the joystick, the On option is again unticked, unchanged
Checking the resolution (windows or Nvidia) I can only see 50 or 60 Hz.

I tried the monitor's reset in System Setup (called All Reset)
I tried enabling the Overclock with and without the displayport cable connected to the PC (same cycle happens, I push the joystick to acknowledge the overclocking, screen flickers 2 times showing 100Hz, then I get the annoying Light in Motion window)
Powered it down for a few minutes.
Turbo button just brings up 60 Hz - not even sure if this is a symptom or just an outcome of not enabling the Overclock
I am stuck - as I said it worked for about 6 months. Any ideas appreciated. I can try reinstalling nvidia drivers, but as I said, I cant activate overclocking in the menu even if the montior is disconnected.

post Note: just realized that now every time I turn off/on my PC, the screen does not turn off, as it used to, but starts flashing lights =red, white, green) - I left it for a minute but it just keeps doing it until I turn the monitor off
9 REPLIES 9

bayard
Level 7
ah I've just found others having same issue - seems only an RMA helps

I have the same issue.

Thought it was gpu issue so i made a post at Nvidia:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1070357/geforce-drivers/geforce-1080-pg348q-ultrawide-60fps...

After tripple check everything im out of options. Either Nvidia G-Sync stopped support turbo, or turbo funktion in monitor stoped working. Cant tell whish.

What does RMA means?

Haldor wrote:
I have the same issue.

Thought it was gpu issue so i made a post at Nvidia:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1070357/geforce-drivers/geforce-1080-pg348q-ultrawide-60fps...

After tripple check everything im out of options. Either Nvidia G-Sync stopped support turbo, or turbo funktion in monitor stoped working. Cant tell whish.

What does RMA means?

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization. That's when the ASUS authorizes you sending them your monitor for repairs.

I had a similar issue a while back. But it had to do with me needing to select it to enable Overclock mode. For I was using the 4 way joystick to move the cursor over Overclock mode. But I wasn't hitting the button to enable it. This is all done with the little joystick and buttons on the monitor. Sort of like changing my desktop resolution, but not hitting APPLY.

Okay, I just tested this. And purposely changed it to 60hz. And then I was seemingly stuck and coudln't get it back to 100hz. Then I found this older thread with these precise steps with getting it back to 100hz. I was not being thorough with step 3.

-Go to overclocking menu on your monitor by using the joystick control on the back side
-Tick the overclock with the joystick ok (click) button (its a 5 way joystick, up, down, left, right and click)
-Choose the overclock refresh rate go up and down to make sure the slider moves, once you are on 100hz click again. (Most people dont click but just go back, this might be your problem)
-At this point the monitor will ask your confirmation, click ok again with the joystick.
-Monitor will restart itself and voila you have 100hz

Make sure you right click on windows and choose 100hz from Nvidia control panel after you do the above steps.

These helpful steps were suggested by starsailor from this older thread.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91560-How-do-I-get-my-PG348Q-to-100Hz

Thanks Volt.

Its not that though.
Now when i enable 100 hz boost, the monitor goes black.
Settings at 60 hz and as screen are black i cant try change it in options.
Im starting to think it might be the cable? Gonna try that and keep this up to date.

thanks again m8

"Most people dont click but just go back, this might be your problem" ... This was the problem, thank you oh my god you saved me !!! ... I switched from GTX 1070 to RTX 3070 Ti and thought my monitor is now incompatible 🙂

jsarver
Level 11
any updates here? similar issue. cable or monitor?

JustinThyme
Level 13
First make sure you are using a DP connection, HDMI is locked at 60HZ. If using DP cable try another, prefereably a good quality cable..Not a cheap one from CablesRuS
Disable Gsync also as this could hold you locked depending on scenario and configuration.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

The answer was in the cable.
I had a 3m one, changing back to 2m solved it. However, the 3m did work earlier, for a year and a half so i had no reason to doubt that.

Posting this if anyone in the future gets same error.