ROG Member Array

Solved: NVME Raid + new Firmware 1403 = crashes on windows boot

As the Title says.

This is a new replacement board i got. everything was fine on a fresh win10 install and ver1003 UEFI.
    But then i updated tho the new one 1403 it lost the raid partition. Even going back into the setting and setting everything back up, it would not boot into windows anymore.

I wiped the raid and started from scratch. ie format, new install, Same results.

Correction: It was not the bios, it was the asus live updates. After installing rhe chipset drivers and asus live. The asus live would say the updated chipset drivers were available. Thus resetting the NVME raid drivers for windows.
    Just downloaded new chipset drivers from AMD and skipped installing asus live update.
    Last edited by NorySS; 08-14-2018 at 03:19 AM. Reason: solved

ROG Member Array g051051 PC Specs
    g051051 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Zenith Extreme X399
    ProcessorRyzen Threadripper 1950X
    Graphics Card #1Geforce GTX 1060

What's the crash message?

ROG Member Array

there is none. the windows 10 loading screen starts, and then it just restarts (screen goes black, mobo reboots) and sends you into the startup recovery, which cant do anything since its an nvme raid setup.

g051051 PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by NorySS View Post
    ...sends you into the startup recovery, which cant do anything since its an nvme raid setup.

Why can't you do anything? Is this the Windows Recovery Environment? Where you can do things like get a command prompt?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by g051051 View Post
    Why can't you do anything? Is this the Windows Recovery Environment? Where you can do things like get a command prompt?
    i havent tried command prompt, but any of the other functions just give an error. Which is because the raid driver does not load in the recovery environment.

bios wont even allow me to flash to the older version. going to try the flashback.

g051051 PC Specs

You can load the raid drivers with the drvload.exe command in the Windows Recovery Environment.