cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ wont go higher then 98hz and HDR isn't showing in the display settings?

s_khamiri
Level 7
i just got the PG27UQ and it wont go higher then 98hz, and HDR is not showing in the display setting(only option is to toggle night mode) and 10bit is not available im stuck at 8bit even with 98hz

i have no idea why this is going on i updated both the drivers and windows 10 but the issue is still ongoing, i tested it on my brothers PC and it worked fine but not my PC

the only thing that i think is the problem is either windows 10 or the GPU, im using a GTX 980ti could that be an issue?
8 REPLIES 8

David_S
Level 7
I just received one of these monitors a few days ago and i am having the exact same problem. Ive been trying everything to fix it and cant find a solution. I even ordered 2 different displayport 1.4 32gbps cables and they both didnt help. Im running windows 10 with a nvidia geforce gtx titan x. Ive also called asus support and they don't have a clue why its doing this.

You said it worked on your brothers pc, what kind of pc was it?

David S wrote:
I just received one of these monitors a few days ago and i am having the exact same problem. Ive been trying everything to fix it and cant find a solution. I even ordered 2 different displayport 1.4 32gbps cables and they both didnt help. Im running windows 10 with a nvidia geforce gtx titan x. Ive also called asus support and they don't have a clue why its doing this.

You said it worked on your brothers pc, what kind of pc was it?

As far as i know, the gtx 980ti and the Titan X (both use the Maxwell architecture) only offer DisplayPort 1.2, which does not provide sufficient bandwidth to fully utilize this monitor. Basically you need a Pascal or Turing GPU with DisplayPort 1.4

Ive been waiting on asus support for help for a few days, and they told me they were able to get the full monitor features with a 1080ti, but not a titan x so far.

edit: i saw you said 980ti and not 1080ti.

Cornholiooo
Level 7
There also is a tool provided by nvidia, called "NVIDIA_DisplayPort_Firmware_Updater" with which you can update the bios of your video card. The firmware provides compatibility for older GPUs (900 series and below) for Displayport 1.4 and 1.3. Maybe then you gain access to additional settings.

so nvidia supprt finnally figured out what the issue was for me. My titan x (maxwell) only has dp 1.2 which doesnt support the monitors full abilities. I need to upgrade to a pascal architecture card to fully utilize it.

Psycrow
Level 11
Same problem here but i have 2 x 970 gtx SLI and i tryed the update tool for display port..its not helping so i guess we need at least 1000 series or better yet a 2080 card.
Also i want to state that even 2 x 970 gtx is low in different games that uses alot of ressource like path of exile is eating my mashine with 4k. So get a 2080 ti and you should be good 😄

Psycrow
Level 11
Update: You need at least a 1050 card to use the full utility of this screen with the hz and HDR

Psycrow wrote:
Update: You need at least a 1050 card to use the full utility of this screen with the hz and HDR

Yeah...thats not the case either. Apparently this monitor is as buggy as their Claymore and Spatha which I also have. The monitor does the same thing to me about twice a week and my only fix is to run the nvidia firmware updater for display port (I have 1080ti SLI) and when the Nvidia program does the check to see if you need the update (which I Dont cause I downloaded the first time this happened) then...it works fine. Same crap with my Claymore and I just had to unplug the usb with my Spatha as we speak. With the Claymore when I do a cold boot...it doesnt even come on and I have to unplug the USB from the back of the keyboard and plug it back in in order to get it to return to normal. With the Spatha, my mouse changed to the same color as the charging led on the receiver when i put it on there to charge...thats not supposed to be. The Spatha also keeps losing connection to the receiver randomly for a split second killing my fps game and it changes all of my button configs to disable whenever it feels like it...stupid. I have the latest firmware for all the peripherals and the newest version of Armoury. They will work fine and great one minute...then mess up the next. These products especially the monitor are way too expensive to be messing up like this. If it aint broke...quit messing with it. My mouse and keyboard worked fine till they had to update crap to run the lighting in Black Ops 4 (which nobody wants anyways). Now its broke everything. The monitor has done this since day one that I had it and I even took the first one back to Best Buy and got another one...same issues. Apparently they're spending more time on their new cell phones now rather than making the necessary fixes to properly run their products. SHAME SHAME SHAME. If your going to put out junk and slap an led gamers eye on their...Ill just start buying other brand products and plaster the stickers on them that came with all my stuff. You would think with EVERYTHING (including Mobo) being ROG, they would work properly together...problem is, they dont work properly at all. Thanks ASUS for taking thousands of my dollars and giving me sub par products.