cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ASUS splash screen, can't enter BIOS

ANAFREE
Level 8
Hi, i build my new pc 3 days ago, some time when i turn on my pc works correctly,
sometime No splash/bios screen and after seconds/minuts with black screen,,,, then welcome windows screen showing directly ....
and some time the black screen take a long time without signal on my screen and with deffrent debug code in my motherbord... most often my pc take a long time with A9 code

i tried everything / Update bios / Clear CMOS / remove all ram ... / remove all my hard drive / stop fast boot ..... and more but nothing helps

Here is my pc Userbenchmark test and you can check my pc specs
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10200278

any suggestion is welcome.
9 REPLIES 9

And here's a video for bios monitor i don't know if the +12v power voltage is stable or not ? i see +12v changing with cpu frequency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxi77-8dPSg&feature=youtu.be

chevell65
Level 12
Says A9 some type of start up q code. Only fix I find is to remove the GPU then try starting up with the onboard iGPU, either display port or HDMI.

Try booting again and see if you can get to EFI bios on start up.

chevell65 wrote:
Says A9 some type of start up q code. Only fix I find is to remove the GPU then try starting up with the onboard iGPU, either display port or HDMI.

Try booting again and see if you can get to EFI bios on start up.

Thank you Chevell
i don't know if there built-in HDMI in my motherboard ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING / amd threadripper cpu
let me check

thank you

Edit: There's no HDMI port https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1700/9937/products/81q64Hc038L._SL1500_1024x1024.jpg?v=1520561428

please

I had a similar problem, however it was constant not intermittent. What had happened was that I was working in the bios and had inadvertently set the bios to work of the iGPU and didn't realize it. Once I plugged the monitor into the iGPU output the splash screen reappeared. I then set the bios to use the 1070ti GPU and all is well.

You may have a problem with your graphics card or its installation. Set the monitor into the iGPU output and try to see if you can get into bios that way. If so I would then expect a problem with the graphics card that you can troubleshoot.

pkincy wrote:
I had a similar problem, however it was constant not intermittent. What had happened was that I was working in the bios and had inadvertently set the bios to work of the iGPU and didn't realize it. Once I plugged the monitor into the iGPU output the splash screen reappeared. I then set the bios to use the 1070ti GPU and all is well.

You may have a problem with your graphics card or its installation. Set the monitor into the iGPU output and try to see if you can get into bios that way. If so I would then expect a problem with the graphics card that you can troubleshoot.

Thank yousoo much pkincy . yes you are right , i found the solution for my problems
my motherboard works as well , the problem is my monitor some time do not pick up the signal from pc if the're bios error messages . so i was unable to understand the cause of a problem , i just tried to turn off my tv and turn on again, that's what made me able to see bios message "cpu fan speed error" i just change it to ignore on bios setting and now everything goes well :rolleyes:

I have exactly the same issue and I don't quite understand how you fixed it. Would it be possible to explain a bit more? It's driving me crazy

pkincy wrote:

Could you please explain a little better. I am having troubles getting into bios as well.