cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD Bios 307 feedback, Spectre/Meltdown ?

bestasensual
Level 8
Hi! i have GL553VD, but i think this general thread applies to every model with this new bios.

i'm just asking some feedback of noticeable changes in this new update.

does this bios solve Spectre/Meltdown problems? anything related?

happy august.
8 REPLIES 8

mmohamed2
Level 8
Same question

Tom_Tromboni
Level 8
YES!

fixed the problem with Spectre/Meltdown

best regards TOM

RemusM
Level 9
bestasensual wrote:
Hi! i have GL553VD, but i think this general thread applies to every model with this new bios.

i'm just asking some feedback of noticeable changes in this new update.

does this bios solve Spectre/Meltdown problems? anything related?

I didn't have any stability issue before, so I cannot comment about "Improve System Stability".
And yes, you won't get the Spectre/Meltdown "warnings" anymore, but their penetration is still ZERO.
People should be more concerned about Google, Facebook and other pieces of spyware already present on their computers.
Those are the real security flaws.

mmohamed2
Level 8
So no fix for the rgb lighting issue that i have here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96553-Rgb-keyboard-issue-gl553d
or the cpu temps+usage in rog gaming center
no one cares about this vulnerability

bestasensual
Level 8
Thank you TOM 😄 i replied what i think of your case mohamed

edit:
so i installed bios 307. gone everything smooth. and i noticed an increase in performance.
how?
i normally play few games and i cap cpu max clock in order to my fans dont speed cuz temp throttle.
b4 in bios 306 i cap at 75% performance
..now bios 307 i cap at 69% performance with same fps

if i havent change this fan would speed up

i m happy
gj asus and intel.(this time...)

Asus often does a good job.
That's why I switched from Allienware to ASUS

best regards TOM

Larrodan
Level 8
Hey All,

Guys I would need some asap help. I was just doing the 307 update, winflash downloaded the file. System went reboot, ez flash came, did the update, but no response since then. THe big text is still in the middle of the screen with Don't turn off your computer - progress bar is full since about 15min. I guess something went wrong. Should i still wait longer or it doesnt matter anyway and its already a brick and i can send my gl553ve to an asus service?

Thanks,
Tom