cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W_PUMP+ header with EK PWM D5 on Maximus X Formula

h34vy
Level 7
Hey all,

I'd like to monitor the pump RPM and make sure the system will shut down if the pump fails (ie: 0RPM). Currently the pump is not showing up in the BIOS although I do have it plugged into the W_PUMP+ header.

The system is up and running for a few weeks now and has been awesome, but I'd like to sort this pump speed issue out.

I am currently using both CPU fan headers for the radiator fans (2 360's, 6 fans) and one of the chassis fan connectors for the intake fans. I'd prefer not to have to use a fan header for the pump as it is a hard tubing build, so it would be really difficult for me to move.

I've tried every BIOS setting I can think of and it either says N/A in the bios or 0RPM in AI Suite 3.

Hopefully someone from Asus can shed some light on this.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Vlada011
Level 10
That's interesting information for me, do you know maybe default RPM of EK D5, that's Revo?
Some people still like more to use D5 Vario with PWM with easier manual control on pump bottom.

I'm not sure is it still available original Laing D5?
I'm don't remember of their numbers, I think D5 790N, 810N, 850N?

Phillyflyer
Level 10
h34vy wrote:
Hey all,

I'd like to monitor the pump RPM and make sure the system will shut down if the pump fails (ie: 0RPM). Currently the pump is not showing up in the BIOS although I do have it plugged into the W_PUMP+ header.

The system is up and running for a few weeks now and has been awesome, but I'd like to sort this pump speed issue out.

I am currently using both CPU fan headers for the radiator fans (2 360's, 6 fans) and one of the chassis fan connectors for the intake fans. I'd prefer not to have to use a fan header for the pump as it is a hard tubing build, so it would be really difficult for me to move.

I've tried every BIOS setting I can think of and it either says N/A in the bios or 0RPM in AI Suite 3.

Hopefully someone from Asus can shed some light on this.

Thanks!

I have my Swiftech Drive II hooked up to the the main CPU fan header....which it is supposed to be...that way I can control the pump speed for the temps....under the monitor section in the bios....select CPU...pwm and for AIO pump select pwm...scroll down further and you can select % of pump speed ...this way I can control my pump speed ...for example...@ 30 degrees I have pump set @ 20%....@ 40 degrees...100%...etc...pump will react to the temps and load.....the system should shut down regardless if pump fails when hitting the CPU TDP....it's a feature supposedly built into the new gen Intel cpus for a while now.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D