cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Snowcone

Darklichbl
Level 7
Finished ROG build
Posted the build on OCAU few months ago but as its ROG themed I figured I'll post it on the ROG forums aswell, Done plenty of builds but never posted one before so added details in pic description as they came to me lol

Full part list
Case: Cougar conquer
Mobo: Asus Z270 Maximus IX hero
Cpu: Intel 6700K
Ram: Gskill 16Gb 2400mhz C15 kit (decided the 32GB kit wasn't worth the extra)
Gpus: 2x Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 (would have loved asus gpus to match but came up with rog idea after having bought one G1 6 months before)
psu: Corsair rx1000i
Storage: 128GB Kingston ssd and hitachi 4Tb
Watercooling parts
Asus M9H plexi monoblock
Ek-RES x3 150 lite res
Ek dual revo d5 pump
Hardware Labs 360GTX nemesis
Hardware Labs 240GTX nemesis
Mayhem clear tubing and white pastel dyed blue
Ek 13/19 compression fittings
couple of XSPC 45 and 90 degree fittings
Peripherals
Keyboard:Asus ROG claymore
Mouse:Asus ROG Gladius 2
headphones: Asus ROG Centurion

I did consider doing a build log but had a few challenges along the way and forgot to take pics as I went

With the side glass on

The motherboard block and top part of the loop

Different Angle, PSU and fittings plastidipped white. The front Hwlabs 240mm rad and the top Hwlabs 360mm rad both were paint stripped, sanded, primed and painted satin white

slightly blurry but closer shot of gpus, both gigabyte g1 gtx1070 plastidipped white

Ek revo d5 dual pump

main mod work, was originally a solid orange piece. The ROG eye was cnc milled, painted satin white, then glued a custom cut plexi block on the back and embedded blue leds into the plexi for effect (inspiration from EKs plexi cpu blocks)

The ROG eye at night

All the pics I have atm so hope u all like it
3 REPLIES 3

Vlada011
Level 10
Amazing.
But I think you should use benefits of ... this is dual D5 Revo and for GPU.
Dual pump is smart. I will try somehow to connect PC shot down if temp of coolant go above 65C because only single pump.

It would be nice to have some software with shut down option and if temp of coolant reach 60C start loud alarm, RGB LED Diode blink Red and 70C shut down to prevent damage for watercooling parts. Like nuke power plant.

Vlada011 wrote:
Amazing.
But I think you should use benefits of ... this is dual D5 Revo and for GPU.
Dual pump is smart. I will try somehow to connect PC shot down if temp of coolant go above 65C because only single pump.

It would be nice to have some software with shut down option and if temp of coolant reach 60C start loud alarm, RGB LED Diode blink Red and 70C shut down to prevent damage for watercooling parts. Like nuke power plant.

Tyvm Vlada, I did think of gpu waterblocks but decided to paint and use the default gpu coolers mainly due to how silent they run and between the white of the cooler, blue of the leds and black of the fans the add a nice visual effect particularly when close up. On your loop idea pretty sure if u add a loops temp sensor into one of the temp headers on some ROG mobos they can change their leds from blue to red depending on temp and shutdown if limit reached

Trying to decide whether to switch it up and redo in a black/green/ gunmetal theme, any thoughts?