cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Offset settings are not stable

dmt_taran
Level 8
I'm just curious (since I have no problems using manual all the time), why system behaviour differs when I'm using the same voltage on different settings?

For example:
My 8700K is completely stable at ~1.27V withing allcore 4.8/no AVX offset/4.7 uncore. Maybe even at 1.26V.
However, at the same time, system BSoDs instantly with offset voltage set to -0,05. Why so?

For the matter of fact, I've stricted SVID variables to best case one's + judjing from what I see in HWInfo - both the vcore and vid - base voltage is 1.310V right now. Is it correct voltage to calculate offset one?
16 REPLIES 16

Menthol
Level 14
If your using a negative offset your voltage is lowered by that amount, is that the issue.

I have no issue using adaptive mode, no offset, LLC 5 1.3 volts 5.0Ghz 48 cache

Menthol wrote:
If your using a negative offset your voltage is lowered by that amount, is that the issue.

I have no issue using adaptive mode, no offset, LLC 5 1.3 volts 5.0Ghz 48 cache

What voltage under load do u get in OS, when booted?

dmt.taran wrote:
What voltage under load do u get in OS, when booted?

Again I am using Adaptive mode, as far as I know it works mush better than offset mode which did not on pasted platforms
My MAX vcore reading from AIDA64 is approx 1.312 under load

Menthol wrote:
Again I am using Adaptive mode, as far as I know it works mush better than offset mode which did not on pasted platforms
My MAX vcore reading from AIDA64 is approx 1.312 under load

So u’re saying, u've set roughly 1.3 in additional turbo voltage box, and u get maximum 1.312V at all, at any circumstance?

Which settings have u changed, exept for vcore and ratios?

dmt.taran wrote:
So u’re saying, u've set roughly 1.3 in additional turbo voltage box, and u get maximum 1.312V at all, at any circumstance?

Which settings have u changed, exept for vcore and ratios?

Whilst in adaptive mode, If the applied voltage is lower than the minimum stock VID for a given ratio, then you're able to use the negative offset function (note this is however applied to the entire VID stack).
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

feedmeink wrote:
Did I stutter?

No, u've wrote bullsh*t. And I dunno how u caan stutter while typing

Silent Scone wrote:
Whilst in adaptive mode, If the applied voltage is lower than the minimum stock VID for a given ratio, then you're able to use the negative offset function (note this is however applied to the entire VID stack).

Don't really catch, why u've mentioned that?

Don't ask questions if you don't want answers. Get over yourself. If you had a clue, you wouldn't be searching for an answer. Then you piss on the person trying to help. Hope you burn your chip

feedmeink wrote:
Don't ask questions if you don't want answers. Get over yourself. If you had a clue, you wouldn't be searching for an answer. Then you piss on the person trying to help. Hope you burn your chip

Newreg filthy kid reported. Enjoy 😉

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
We'd need to see how you're setting the voltage, ideally. Are you using adaptive mode and setting a negative offset, or simply using offset mode?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090