ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Bios doesn't detect ROG Gigabit Ethernet card

Trying to update BIOS using the Bios here (asus Bios Ez update thing) but the bios doesn't detect the gigabit pci-e card, it detects the on board mobo's lan port just fine however... Is it just me?

..yes? :-)
    I have used the 10GBE PCI-E card since day one and also performed multiple successful PXE-boots to redeploy OS from my WDS server.

Does anything show up in your OS?
    For Windows, you need to install the driver from ASUS for the the card to be recognized.

ROG Member Array

FYI, I've found the Asus driver to be not so great: the card stops working after a day or two and has to be power cycled i.e. shutting down the PC and turning off the standby power. The driver on the Aquantia site appears to work much better.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingBear View Post
    FYI, I've found the Asus driver to be not so great: the card stops working after a day or two and has to be power cycled i.e. shutting down the PC and turning off the standby power. The driver on the Aquantia site appears to work much better.
    Gief URL? :-)

Honestly, I have never had that problem as I shut down the computer each night.
    This morning however, I had no link to my switch (10GBE on a TP-Link JetStream) but that may very well be the switch needing a reboot (it is showing other problems indicating that such as no access to management over HTTP/SSH)
    Link came up after disconnecting and reconnecting the TP-cable.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post
    Gief URL? :-)

Honestly, I have never had that problem as I shut down the computer each night.
    This morning however, I had no link to my switch (10GBE on a TP-Link JetStream) but that may very well be the switch needing a reboot (it is showing other problems indicating that such as no access to management over HTTP/SSH)
    Link came up after disconnecting and reconnecting the TP-cable.
    The problem I experienced seemed to arise after a few days of power-on. The drivers are at https://www.aquantia.com/support/driver-download/. The ROG card is an AQC107 chipset, so please select that driver. It seems to work very well; I've only been using it for a few days.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Cory29 PC Specs
    Cory29 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Zenith extreme x399
    Processor1950x
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZ - 64gb
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 Ti WF
    Monitorcintiq 22hd touch
    Storage #1Sam SSD 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU Coolerxspc block - D5 - 3x120 slim rad
    CaseView 71 (doesn't fit board)
    Power SupplyEVGA supernova 1000G3
    Keyboard K95

I have had some strange things happen with it too

maybe windows tried to install its own driver like it dose with everything else

usually reinstalling the driver and restarting fixes any weirdness i have

but if you have no lights and your board cant see it maybe it died

It works in Windows fine, just doesn't pop up in BIOS while trying to update to the latest BIOS.

I have to update the BIOS the primeval way now, you know... via a usb...

Never tried network update of BIOS/UEFI within BIOS and most probably never will.
    I prefer to store all versions locally :-)

No real need for USB unless you use BIOS Flashback, when updating within the BIOS it can also read from NTFS formatted drives :-)