cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphones

FrekansTR
Level 7
Hello,
I have a few questions about the headphones there are some usb headphones most of the 7.1 ones are USB and as i have heard that if i get USB ones i cant use my mother boards graphic card which made me really sad.I have seen razer kraken pro v2 i wonder if the situation same in those aswell?Also what do you think is it worth to use analog or USB headphones? I could find razer electra v2 as analog 7.1 but i like the kraken pro v2 but its USB idk if my sonic studio would work with that i really want to use my sonic studio fx i really loved them if you have any suggestions please i would love to hear them.Thank you in advance and i hope i post this on the right place 🙂 .
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Under Playback Devices, you can choose which output device you want to use by default. Using USB headsets will not disable other audio devices.

If you use analog 3.5mm then you can enhance the audio in games with Sonic Studio (bundled with your ASUS/ROG motherboard) or emulate a virtual surround environment with HRTF.

With USB, it's possible to have true surround sound with more than 2 drivers in the headset. Sonic Studio enhancements for your motherboard audio will not work with USB audio devices. ROG headsets will have their own versions of Sonic Studio.

FrekansTR
Level 7
Thank you for your reply i had some nice features on my motherboard and thought about maybe it could have been better than my headphones sound card.
As the last question what do you think which should i choice over razer kraken pro v2 or artic 3 headphones?
Im thinking about using them for gaming also for music.

davemon50
Level 11
I have (and use) such a headset - HyperX Cloud II. And my motherboard is Rampage V Edition 10, so it came with the SupremeFX decoder that slides into a drive bay. Just wanted to say that I actually prefer the headset sound through the USB and 7.1 card on the headset, although the cord disconnects from it so I can use the 3.5mm connection to SupremeFX whenever I want. Best of both worlds.
Davemon50