cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiftech RGB and Asus Aura

xNGXx
Level 7
I'm starting a new build on a ROG Maximus X Hero, and will be using Swiftech's newer products that all have addressable RGB LEDs and work with a technology/controller they call IRIS. Does anyone have experience with running Swiftech's RGB stuff on Asus Aura? I'm hoping I can tie everything in together so Aura controls the lighting for the entire system. I can't seem to find any information where this has been tried or accomplished. Thanks for any information or assistance on this topic in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

JeffMD
Level 7
Inspect the connection type. If it's a 3 wire 5 volt 5hen they will work with the motherboards addressable controller. The older rbg stands which have 4 wires (ground rbg) are 12 volt and will not be controllable by the motherboard.

xNGXx
Level 7
All of Swiftech's RGB stuff uses 5v, and the ROG Maximus X Hero has an addressable RGB header on it that outputs 5v so in theory it should work. I haven't tested this to verify yet, but it looks like I will be doing that and posting my results!

Hi, I've recently built a computer with Asus ROG Maximus X Code mobo and I've got the Swiftech Maelstrom reservoir, which uses ARGB connection to the IRIS controller. I've been looking for a way to connect the Swiftech stuff to 5V ARGB connection on my mobo to be able to control everything via Asus Aura. Unfortunately the connectors are different.
Did you manage to do this?