cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hardware release's

Menthol
Level 14
Starting to get that new hardware itch
Nvidia Turing dropping real soon, all recent leaks show it's going to be a killer, been a while waiting for new GPU's, to bad AMD still has nothing to compete
Intel 9900K and Z390, 5.0 out of the box, soldered heat spreader again, hell yes
Intel Coffee Lake X also coming soon, revised X299 boards along with it, paired with RTX 2080ti's, WooHoo

I was kind of excited about AMD's 32 core CPU's but waiting for Intel's response

Exciting end of the year for hardware, if tariffs don't increase prices by 25%
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hey Menthol !

Yep I'm hyped to see the new gpu's myself, RT = Ray Tracing which from what I've seen will do better with lighting in games. It's supposedly more demanding than rasterization so let's hope to see a "killer" performance increase.

I expect the RTX 2080 to do 4k 60FPS in pretty much any title except new games with Ray Tracing.

I see the RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti will be available in August.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-turing-tu104-gpu-pcb-exposed/

Korth
Level 14
I've still got another 6 months or so on NVIDIA part leasing, lol. But I suppose those specs could justify me getting "just one" GPU card upgrade.

Although the hype is always hyped. Maybe better to wait out the first wave (again) and see how the new toys really pan out in practice.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

xeromist
Menthol wrote:

Try cortisone cream 😄

I'm kind of wondering if RTX cards will really be worth it out of the gate though. How many things actually use ray tracing? Eventually we'll see a lot but I'm dubious of the short term. And yeah they'll have standard cores but how much improvement there? Basically I'd go for it if you give me ray tracing for free on top of an improved GTX base card.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

kkn
Level 14
enny one know how this nvlink will be justified on a gaming pc?

panzlock
Level 12
Menthol wrote:

I was kind of excited about AMD's 32 core CPU's but waiting for Intel's response

That will be an expensive response.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Menthol wrote:
Nvidia Turing dropping real soon, all recent leaks show it's going to be a killer, been a while waiting for new GPU's, to bad AMD still has nothing to compete
Intel 9900K and Z390, 5.0 out of the box, soldered heat spreader again, hell yes
Intel Coffee Lake X also coming soon, revised X299 boards along with it, paired with RTX 2080ti's, WooHoo

Exciting end of the year for hardware, if tariffs don't increase prices by 25%

Good times ahead. I'm expecting good things what with the rumors regarding the change in cooler design.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
Rumors that the 2080ti will be released at same time as 2080 is something new this time, hoping stock will be somewhere near sufficient but with the stock of Pascal high due to slump in mining I'll be watching retailers closely for cards.

Also manufacturers cards are being shown already, except haven't seen ASUS models yet, I am not a fan of the 2 1/2 slot coolers so hoping for new 2 slot cooler designs

Yes good times are coming