ROG Member Array

GL702ZC FPS drop at online games

Hi everyone.

I started a thread a couple days ago beacuse I suffered FPS drops in games, like WoW, and Fortnite, but I didn't tried to play offline games. Well, now i did, and realised, I just get these FPS drops when I play online games.
    For example, WoW always sufferes from FPS drops, but when I play GTA V, it runs pretty good at very high settings, but, when I go in the online mode of GTA V, the FPS drops start. In Fortnite i have the same issue.

I tried it with Diablo III too, and I think Diablo III requires more hardware than WoW, and it runs splendid too.

So, the only answer i found is that it just happens when i play online games. I tried to reinstall the Ethernet drivers and the WLAN drivers, and it doesn't worked, and I tried to turn off the firewall and it just maked it wors than before.

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the internet conection is stable, and I tried with direct connection with Ethernet and with WiFi and with Ethernet it runs betten than with WiFi, I mean, i haven't that much FPS drops. But I don't suffer lag, in WoW, i play in a Vanilla SV, not in the official, and i have around 70 ping, wich is normal in that SV.
    Last edited by Beeros; 08-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.

New ROGer Array PowerPein PC Specs
    PowerPein PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GS
    MotherboardASUS Rog Scar II
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)Kingstone hyperx 2X16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Geforce GTX 1070
    Sound CardRealtek/ USB Roccet Juke
    Monitor1080P 144 Hz
    Storage #1Toshiba SSD PCIe
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA III 2 TB
    Power Supplyoriginal
    Keyboard USB ASUS strix tactic pro
    Mouse TRUST gaming mouse
    Headset Sonic G910 7.1 vibration
    Headset/Speakers Genius GX 3000 2.1
    OS Win 10 Enterpise
    Network RouterASUS RT AC 1200 G

Quote Originally Posted by Beeros View Post
    Hi everyone.

I started a thread a couple days ago beacuse I suffered FPS drops in games, like WoW, and Fortnite, but I didn't tried to play offline games. Well, now i did, and realised, I just get these FPS drops when I play online games.
    For example, WoW always sufferes from FPS drops, but when I play GTA V, it runs pretty good at very high settings, but, when I go in the online mode of GTA V, the FPS drops start. In Fortnite i have the same issue.

I tried it with Diablo III too, and I think Diablo III requires more hardware than WoW, and it runs splendid too.

So, the only answer i found is that it just happens when i play online games. I tried to reinstall the Ethernet drivers and the WLAN drivers, and it doesn't worked, and I tried to turn off the firewall and it just maked it wors than before.

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the internet conection is stable, and I tried with direct connection with Ethernet and with WiFi and with Ethernet it runs betten than with WiFi, I mean, i haven't that much FPS drops. But I don't suffer lag, in WoW, i play in a Vanilla SV, not in the official, and i have around 70 ping, wich is normal in that SV.
    Hi,

you need used this videocard settings: max FPS limit (this number depends on the viewer, example: my notebook screen usen 144 FPS, but my TV working 60 FPS). Online games: In game settings check this option, maybe used: Forecasting movements, but not need used on gaming notebook.
    On FPS limiter I used for offline games. Far Cry: New Dawn max graphics settings and my TV used 60 FPS, and very nice screen and not dropping. Full time average 59-60 FPS.
    And game playing on battery or AC plugged? Battery mode used minimal power. And tip's: use CAT5e ethernet cable, or 5G wifi.
    On me 70-110 ms ping not dropping. But fortunately this is rare for me. My AVG ping: 38-41 ms.
    Last edited by PowerPein; 04-19-2020 at 05:48 AM.