cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI hero X370 board, dead support ?

jbasemoine
Level 9
Havn't been on this forum for quite a time now, was browsing around to see if there was any new bios update.
So i found out that the X470 and other x370 brand motherboards al recieved good bios updates that exactly fix things....
Now asus havn't updated the x370 in a long time... 6 months after purchasing this board i got the feeling asus build a wrong board that just won't work.
So now where more the 1 year further since the release of the board i wonder/get the feeling that asus screwed everyone who purchase this board with delivering a board that does not work as advertised and they left hanging with half rotten bios updates.....

So i wonder does anyone know if those (like me) who got screwed over with this board still getting a descend bios update ? or did asus finaly screwed us over big time!?
3 REPLIES 3

lightknightrr
Level 7
Magical disappearing posts related to the x370 seem to be part of the problem. I am not happy.

darkvader75
Level 7
The 6101 bios is relatively good. It corrected the bulk of the issues with the system. It does not have the new AGESA updates that further correct ram compatibility. So far only MSI and Gigabyte have completed that. Mostly the bios delays are because Intel screwed the pooch and have so many bugs and virus vulnerabilities that ASUS bios engineers are scrambling all over their boards constantly. This has caused delayed support for the rest of us because we arn't in as bad of circumstances. I will say I am disapointed in Asus but not horrified yet. Gigabyte finished this bios only 2 weeks ago. MSI 4 weeks. So if Asus gets it together somewhat soon... i'll still be satisfied.

skellattarr
Level 10
sorry but this board is at its end of life
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case