cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need these Asus services running?

deankenny
Level 8
I tried AISuite at one stage but ultimately ended up un-installing it.

Just doing some spring cleaning on my PC and come across some ASUS services in msconfig startup services they are:

ASUS Com Service
Asus System Control Service
ASIS Update service (Asus)
AsusFanControlService
Asus Update Service (AsusM)

I have done some googling but been left a little confused, are any of these solely related to AIsuite? So I can safely uncheck them from the startup list.

Also, are they important, and which ones do need to be running?
3 REPLIES 3

chevell65
Level 12
Those are just left over from AI suite. The uninstall tool doesn't remove them but you can disable them from starting in services.

chevell65 wrote:
Those are just left over from AI suite. The uninstall tool doesn't remove them but you can disable them from starting in services.

Thank you for your swift response.

So just to confirm all 5 of those I can safely disable?

I have another asus service called lighting service, but I guess that was for the RGB, which I use 😉

Quelen
Level 7
I had same issue on GX701GXR. I've removed Armory Crate service, then Armory Crate app, then ROG Live Service. Reboot of notebook. Then I've downloaded latest version of Armory Crate service and ROG Live Service availalbe in MyAsus and installed in this order Armory Crate Service -> Armory Crate app (wina Windows Store) -> ROG Live Service -> reboot. After reboot it's working.