cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during boot: "Intel ME FW Downgrade failed"

spinlock
Level 7
Also, my MaxVIII will not Shutdown or Restart, it has at POST 04(or 05). I have to hold POWER button for 4 seconds to actually shutdown.

When I finally get into BIOS Setup, Intel ME FW version indicated is 0.0.0.0!

It looks like Asus has backed out their latest BIOS 3802 and now recommends 3801. I want to go to 3801 to see f this clears up my boot, shutdown issues.

I have 3 Raid 0 Stripes setup in the Intel ICHR Raid controller and want to verify my BIOS settings, mainly PCH Styorage set to Intel RST RAID, during a FW upgrade(downgrade).

Is this reliable, are current BIOS Settings carried over after a BIOS change?
4 REPLIES 4

ondersma80
Level 7
ASUS hasn't backed out of version 3802. 3802 is alive and working fine for the Maximus VIII Hero. There is no official 3801 for the Maximus VIII Hero (the board you list in your other post). 3801 is for the Maximus VIIII Hero Alpha.

spinlock
Level 7
You're right, I was looking at Hero Alpha, my mistake.

The 3802 is not working fine for me and at least one other person I saw a post from with same symptoms documented above.

I am going to reflash 3802, see if it loads the correct ME this time

Still have question, will settings, specifically PCH Storage, be preserved when BIOS is reflashed or do I have to set them all up again?

thanks,

spinlock
Level 7
You're right, I was looking at Hero Alpha, my mistake.

The 3802 is not working fine for me and at least one other person I saw a post from with same symptoms documented above.

I am going to reflash 3802, see if it loads the correct ME this time

Still have question, will settings, specifically PCH Storage, be preserved when BIOS is reflashed or do I have to set them all up again?

thanks,

ondersma80
Level 7
I believe your problem is rooted in a bad UEFI flash or corruption of your current UEFI or ME firmware. Your best bet to fix it is using the USB Flashback method where you rename the bios file M8H.cap then load it to a USB. Instructions are in your manual. Unfortunately, I don't see any reports of the ME firmware corruption being fixable by just re-flashing.

Here is a post describing options: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91179-Hero-Alpha-ME-Version-shows-0-0-0-0-after-BIOS-updat...