cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Aura] - Many Issues - has development stopped?

Ghozer
Level 7
It seems that development of Asus Aura has stopped, along with Armoury...

I have had my system a year and 1/2 now, and since day 1 Aura has been buggy, forgets settings, randomly detects (or doesn't) my RAM, changes the colour profile/settings I have set each time it re-detects the RAM...

It's slow, buggy, crashes often (especially if you try to open it within a few seconds of the PC starting up)

Limited options (should be able to select effect on a PER ZONE basis for one thing)

it forgets how I have set things, resetting to "single colour" instead of "by areas"....

Also, when my RAM is detected, if I set DRAM1_1 as a colour, BOTH modules change at the same time to the same thing, instead of individually...

It also likes to mess with my mouse, if I have a profile set via Amoury, then sync my mouse in Aura, then remove the mouse from the Selection in Aura, I need to open Armoury again for it to re-set my mouse lighting to how I had it... even then it doesn't always work properly due to UI issues in Armoury (which I reported over a year ago and is still not fixed)
4 REPLIES 4

F0x135
Level 7
Armoury has had a couple of updates these last few months, one couple of weeks ago. Aura however...

F0x135 wrote:
Armoury has had a couple of updates these last few months, one couple of weeks ago. Aura however...

That may be, but the issue I reported with Armoury is still present in the latest version....

Ghozer wrote:
That may be, but the issue I reported with Armoury is still present in the latest version....

Report it in the Armoury thread. MasterC@Asus monitors that thread and most likely won't see this one. I've reported bugs there before and they've fixed it in the next version.

Ghozer
Level 7
Just restarted, my RAM is de-synched again, "Header" is now colour cycling (had it static)

and now when I try and open Aura - it crashes.... won't open, just says "not responding" and quits, don't even get the main screen/window