cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B450 F Gaming Can't Change DRAM Voltage

spycounter
Level 7
I Can't change DRAM voltage under bios, when i set it to 1.35v after restart it still say on 1.2v on BIOS
Is anyone have this problem too? is it BIOS bug?

Thanks before
15 REPLIES 15

Zevot
Level 7
I have the same question, but believe it is a weird BIOS glitch/bug. When overclocking the ram it has helped to increase the voltage so it seems to be doing that. I couldn't see the DRAM voltage in any monitoring tools so I have no idea what the actual voltage is though.

spycounter
Level 7
and also I've notice my default SOC voltage on BIOS is 1.55v (R5 2600)
I thought it should be around 1.2v for SOC?

I have the same issue. Setting the DRAM Voltage seams to work, but the "Current Value" always shows as 1.2 V instead of the measured/desired value.

spycounter wrote:
and also I've notice my default SOC voltage on BIOS is 1.55v (R5 2600)
I thought it should be around 1.2v for SOC?

Same problem SOC voltage on BIOS is 1.55 te max recomended es 1.2v 1.1v for default, i contact Asus tech support and they say "Motherboard detect cpu voltages Automatically" but im worried about the healt of my CPU.

I managed to overclock Corsair Vengeance Led Rams to 3000mhz using LLC.

Here some screenshots.

Default Values

Overclock Settings

LLC Settings

Hope the solve it soon.

Regards.

Unfortunately, I'm facing with the same issue with my ROG Strix B459-f. The memory voltage settings cannot be applied at all - not in Ryzen Master, not via Ai Suite and, naturally, not via UEFI either. The voltage is not even displayed in any monitoring utilities (same Ryzen Master, AIDA64, HWInfo, etc.). I do hope this gets solved soon via new UEFI update as we're currently have a capped performance due to this.

neon dawn wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm facing with the same issue with my ROG Strix B459-f. The memory voltage settings cannot be applied at all - not in Ryzen Master, not via Ai Suite and, naturally, not via UEFI either. The voltage is not even displayed in any monitoring utilities (same Ryzen Master, AIDA64, HWInfo, etc.). I do hope this gets solved soon via new UEFI update as we're currently have a capped performance due to this.

It's worse than that. It actually applies the voltage settings inside the BIOS without telling the user that it did in fact change the voltage. My DRAM currently runs at 1.35 V (or it would not run at 1600/3200 Mhz), but the BIOS tells me that the DRAM voltage is 1.2 V (an obvious lie). My guess is, that voltage monitoring is broken and it simply displays the default values, no matter what the actual voltages are. I didn't expect such an faulty product from ASUS.

spycounter
Level 7
if anyone from Asus care to reply, please let us know if it any fix work in progress

Thanks!

spycounter wrote:
if anyone from Asus care to reply, please let us know if it any fix work in progress

Thanks!

New to the forums, well, not new to reading them, just new to commenting.

I have a 2700 in the B450 F, so many problems with ram. I've built probably 30+ computers in the last 2 years (mostly Intel) and I cannot figure out this board. I RMA'd the first board as once it went into not posting I couldn't even reset the bios using the usual jumper short, pull battery, start button, all of those in various combinations and orders. SOC voltage always at 1.55, DRAM always at 1.2. And I can't get my 32GB kit of Corsair 3000mhz (15-17-17-35 @ 1.35) to work at anything above auto (2133). I thought memory support was supposed to be better now? This exact kit is on the qvl even. Only one bios to choose from so far, 0504. I've been pulling my hair out for the last week trying to get this thing stable.

detwolverine wrote:
New to the forums, well, not new to reading them, just new to commenting.

I have a 2700 in the B450 F, so many problems with ram. I've built probably 30+ computers in the last 2 years (mostly Intel) and I cannot figure out this board. I RMA'd the first board as once it went into not posting I couldn't even reset the bios using the usual jumper short, pull battery, start button, all of those in various combinations and orders. SOC voltage always at 1.55, DRAM always at 1.2. And I can't get my 32GB kit of Corsair 3000mhz (15-17-17-35 @ 1.35) to work at anything above auto (2133). I thought memory support was supposed to be better now? This exact kit is on the qvl even. Only one bios to choose from so far, 0504. I've been pulling my hair out for the last week trying to get this thing stable.

for now I don't think it's recommend to overclock on this board yet
I found new issue that AI suite 3 seems like unlink with the bios settings
the other thing is that using LLC in BIOS doesn't work, it will work if you sets it in both BIOS and Ai Suite 3, But sometimes it doesn't work too on both BIOS and AI Suite
still on AI Suite 3 on TPU Tab most of the settings will change by itself!!