cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After some help with TUF Laptop/Realtek please! - Razer Kraken Pro Mic Issue

deanaxten
Level 7
Hey Guys, I just brought Myself Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it won’t pick up the mic on my headset Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack, in the device manager I have Realtek(R) Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio and also Nvidia Virtal Audio, for some reason when in sound manager the intergrated mic overcomes the headset mic, even if I try to set up the mic as “Headset” it’ll still be the intergrated mic, it’s really annoying.... I plug the headset into my old hp pavilion also win 10 and I get the pop up from Realtek saying it’s been dectected and the headset/mic works great... my new laptop the TUF I get nothing when plugging in the headset... I must say the hp also shows in the device manager “Realtek HD Device Manager” and the Asus shows “Realtek(R) Audio” are these the same thing or what? Rally annoying having spent £1299.00 on a laptop that can’t do what my £350 laptop can do.... please help me!!!

75320*
5 REPLIES 5

haihane
Level 13
/reads thread,
/finds something being amiss,
/googles Razer Kraken Pro,

https://www.razer.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-pro

i see the problem now.
dude, it won't show up at device manager, because it doesn't need to.
there's no driver to install, because it's not a USB interface. instead, it's the pure 3.5mm jack (this is the superior form in my opinion).

if you hear sound coming from your razer kraken pro, it works.
notification is just extra confirmation bling that comes outta your laptop.

side rant, aiming at USB headphone makers:
what the hell do you need to install drivers to get a stupid pair of headphones to work? and you can't even use it for your phone, old amps, vinyl..?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

So why isn’t the mic working? And the intergrated mic takes over? I don’t even have a Audio Manager?? I right click the speaker icon go to recording devices, try set up the “microphone as a headset” but all it’s picking up is the intergrated mic :@*

deanaxten
Level 7
*I just don’t understand why the intergrated mic picks up over the headset mic even when trying to setup as “Headset Microphone” I go through the step by step guide and when it gets to doing the speaking bit where you read the sentence it’s coming from my intergrated mic on the laptop and not the headset mic, it’s so thrustrating :mad:

deanaxten wrote:
*I just don’t understand why the intergrated mic picks up over the headset mic even when trying to setup as “Headset Microphone” I go through the step by step guide and when it gets to doing the speaking bit where you read the sentence it’s coming from my intergrated mic on the laptop and not the headset mic, it’s so thrustrating :mad:

show me your headphone plug, or jack.
is there a double line separating the connector?
or triple lines?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

If you are intended to use the headphone only for the sound output and the integrated mic as the microphone, these steps work for me:
1. Search for "Realtek Audio Console"
2. Go to "Device advanced settings"
3. Pick "Headphone" from the dropdown