Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
    I just tried to update using the firmware upgrade button, and the router can't download it from the Asus servers. *

When I try to do a manual update, it produces an error. *My MD5 does match what's on the site too. *

"The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."*

*"Invalid Firmware Upload Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name GT-AC5300 and version of firmware from support site and try again."
    Currently, as mentioned above, a manual update is the only option.
    Please download the new firmware and unzip, then upload from the web UI.
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/w...221.1511925089

If unsuccessful, reboot and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSW View Post
    I am also now experiencing a multitude issues with the new firmware, including all that you have listed above.
    This is after many factory resets and manual input of settings.
    Add to this the fact that now my 2nd 5G channel has now gone missing!
    These new firmware's seem to fix some issues, while introducing a multitude of new issues.
    Reverted back to 21140 and my 2nd 5G channel still missing!
    This router now ranks in my top 2 worst purchases I have ever made!!
    I am so pissed off with Asus at the moment - wish I could get my money back on this wasted purchase.
    Sick of being a beta tester for Asus - my old RT-N66U outperforms this so called "Premium Router"
    #PissedOff!!!!
    When doing a factory reset, try "Initialize" instead of Restore.
    I have disabled Smart Connect to separate the bands, all 3 seem to be fine on my end despite being in the worst-case scenario (typically 20+ hotspots in close vicinity). So far, I still can't replicate any missing bands. Try changing the Control Channel under Wireless.
    Have you tried searching from a different client? Sometimes it's just the client.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

1. I tried to enable and disable the ethernet on my mac
    2. after updating I did INITIALIZE
    3. this issue with Wifi has been present on the last firmware... and it seems to have to do with smartconnect and roaming assistant.

ive sent my logs. how can you help me?

Hi,
    Next time you get the slow GUI can you try disabling and re-enabling the adapter in the Network Connections tab if you are using Win 10?
    This helps me with the slow GUI and seems indicative of a link negotiation issue that I have complained about on numerous occasions.
    After a factory reset and some time for the Rapture to connect all clients, everything was working fine for me. The GUI was fast and responsive when connected via Ethernet or wireless. Both ports 1 and 2 were tested numerous times yet I still cannot replicate any slow GUI or link negotiation issues. Even on 10Mbps, there shouldn't be any lag while simply navigating around the GUI.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rAPTURE LOG.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	75355

Since you are probably going to try another factory reset (Initialize) anyway, try to connect with one client only (preferably a different one). And add clients one by one to narrow down a potential cause. Let us know when you do, it's difficult for us to provide a fix with the info currently available. What do you have connected to the game ports (ports 1 & 2)?

Please keep in mind that only one client is allowed to access the GUI at any given time.

I am also now experiencing a multitude issues with the new firmware, including all that you have listed above.
    This is after many factory resets and manual input of settings.
    Add to this the fact that now my 2nd 5G channel has now gone missing!
    These new firmware's seem to fix some issues, while introducing a multitude of new issues.
    Reverted back to 21140 and my 2nd 5G channel still missing!
    This router now ranks in my top 2 worst purchases I have ever made!!
    I am so pissed off with Asus at the moment - wish I could get my money back on this wasted purchase.
    Sick of being a beta tester for Asus - my old RT-N66U outperforms this so called "Premium Router"
    #PissedOff!!!!
    Check your personal email inbox. If you agree to have us debug remotely, please follow the instructions enclosed in the email. Thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array stefan063 PC Specs
    stefan063 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM X6W
    MotherboardIntel Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX980
    Graphics Card #2None
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardRealtek
    Monitor17" LG
    Storage #1256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    Storage #2256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    CPU CoolerStock
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS GT-AC5300

I am also experiencing problem regarding update.... Error regarding not able to connect to Asus download page from router GUI...

ROG Enthusiast Array staticrp PC Specs
    staticrp PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Rog Phone
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorCore i7-6900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LED CMU64GX4M4C3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Poseidon 1080TI
    Graphics Card #2Rog stix 1080ti (off)
    Graphics Card #3Rog stix 1080ti (off)
    Sound CardXonar Phoebus
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q, ROG AURA TERMINAL
    Storage #1NVMe Samsung SSD 960 PRO
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB & 2xSeagate 3tb
    CPU CoolerCustom water system EK+CORSAIR+TT
    CaseThe Tower 900
    Power SupplyTT Bailkal 1500W
    Keyboard Rog Claymore
    Mouse Rog Spatha
    Headset Rog centurion, Rog Delta
    Mouse Pad GM 50Plus, ROG Balteus
    Headset/Speakers DENON + PIONEER
    OS 10 x64
    Network RouterGT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 2xEK-CoolStream XE 480
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair LL120, 3xRiing 14 LED RGB, ROG SPOTLIGHT!
    Accessory #3 Thermaltake Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG, 2xPacific PR22-D5,

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Е!БЖИШЬТВОЮДИВИЗИЮ.Asus. You finally repaired IPTV! After half a year! After half a year! There is no joy in the chapel. Wife said that she would meet the new year on time. She is very happy.I already if not even hoped!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Still broken

All the same issues still present. Constant wireless drops. QOS still cutting off 30-50mbps no matter what settings are used. Bridge mode still broken. When in bridge mode, the GT will keep reverting to using default ip address 192.168.50.1. Doesn't matter if an ip address is auto-obtained or statically assigned.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP ADDING NEW FEATURES UNTIL YOU FIX THE BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE ROUTER!!

I'm glad that security fixes were included but given that I still can't USE the router pretty much takes care of any security issues.

Once again, my RT-AC5300 running Merlin's firmware is absolutely blowing the GT out of the water. Wireless is stable, faster and has better range. QOS works perfectly. Bridge mode WORKS!

Please do some real world testing BEFORE putting out any new firmware updates.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

my router is still paperweight.
    need help.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan063 View Post
    I am also experiencing problem regarding update.... Error regarding not able to connect to Asus download page from router GUI...

Please see the original post and open the download link before you update manually.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast