Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I just tried to update using the firmware upgrade button, and the router can't download it from the Asus servers. *

When I try to do a manual update, it produces an error. *My MD5 does match what's on the site too. *

"The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."*

*"Invalid Firmware Upload Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name GT-AC5300 and version of firmware from support site and try again."

ROG Guru: White Belt Array stefan063 PC Specs
    stefan063 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM X6W
    MotherboardIntel Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX980
    Graphics Card #2None
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardRealtek
    Monitor17" LG
    Storage #1256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    Storage #2256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    CPU CoolerStock
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS GT-AC5300

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Please see the original post and open the download link before you update manually.
    I saw it after but.... That's not normal update. It is not a problem for me to do that but, come on, can you make it smooth as you are on 10x cheaper routers?!

We should be able to update router normally, click the button.... done.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

no hope

I wonder how it was possible to get to where we are.

I never had ANY problems with RT-68U from Asus using the stock firmware.
    I bought the GT-AC5300 thinking the experience would be the same and I would able to use all the new features, and use the AI Mesh.

I bought this router on april-18-2018 for USD 386.29 + tax on amazon.
    I've used it with no issues whatsoever until july 2nd.
    ever since that day, my router has become a true paper weight, and its completely usesless. we already went over 3 firmware updates and the issues remain.
    slow GUI. wifi clients wont connect even with the correct password.
    tried to INITIALIZE the router. tried everything

this time around I tried turning everything off that I could.
    turned off the firewall, qos, VPN, web history, ipv6 config, custom WAN dns... since there were wifi issues, turned off smartconnect, turned off wifi5-1.
    still clients will NOT connect to the router.
    GUI is slow.

I've sent logs, and got no response.

This is completely unacceptable, and I cannot understand why ASUS is doing such a bad job with these router's firmware.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlipe View Post
    I wonder how it was possible to get to where we are.

I never had ANY problems with RT-68U from Asus using the stock firmware.
    I bought the GT-AC5300 thinking the experience would be the same and I would able to use all the new features, and use the AI Mesh.

I bought this router on april-18-2018 for USD 386.29 + tax on amazon.
    I've used it with no issues whatsoever until july 2nd.
    ever since that day, my router has become a true paper weight, and its completely usesless. we already went over 3 firmware updates and the issues remain.
    slow GUI. wifi clients wont connect even with the correct password.
    tried to INITIALIZE the router. tried everything

this time around I tried turning everything off that I could.
    turned off the firewall, qos, VPN, web history, ipv6 config, custom WAN dns... since there were wifi issues, turned off smartconnect, turned off wifi5-1.
    still clients will NOT connect to the router.
    GUI is slow.

I've sent logs, and got no response.

This is completely unacceptable, and I cannot understand why ASUS is doing such a bad job with these router's firmware.
    Sorry we have not received any logs from your email address. Can you kindly PM me the correct address or resend using the feedback function? Thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hi.
    I just did.. but it took me 40 minutes (NOT KIDDING) to deal with the router being un-responsive, rebooting, loosing WAN connectivity, and etc, to be able to send the feedback.
    I now did, and got confirmation.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array stefan063 PC Specs
    stefan063 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)EUROCOM X6W
    MotherboardIntel Z170
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX980
    Graphics Card #2None
    Graphics Card #3None
    Graphics Card #4None
    Sound CardRealtek
    Monitor17" LG
    Storage #1256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    Storage #2256GB Samsung EVO 960 NvME
    CPU CoolerStock
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G933
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterASUS GT-AC5300

Just made seamless update... Bravo ASUS for fixing it... Newest firmware is working flawlessly. Will see how it goes during next few days...

ROG Member Array

My 5ghz-2 not working after the update ..

ROG Member Array

Thumbs up This FW is Horrible, what is the problem???

I am a VERY Unhappy ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 Router Owner, ASUS cannot nail their own firmware any longer. Only thing I can think of is going on, the genius that engineered this router and managed to match the FW that worked briefly in the beginning, has retired or died. Now the customers here in the USA are stuck with a door stop instead of a working router. I have now purchased another router to use when this door stop is updated and stops working. WTF!! If anyone is considering the ASUS GT-AC5300 or any other ROG ROUTER you will be very disappointed!! My advise is DO NOT buy any ROG ROUTERS, ASUS does not know what they are doing FW wise, with all the bling built into these door stops called ROG ROUTERS, especially the GT-AC5300!

ROG Member Array

The new firmware works fairly well. *There just one feature request i'd like to make. *When using VPN Fusion, there is no real way to tell if the VPN disconnects other than going to the page in the router GUI. *I'd like there to be an option to disable the interface if the VPN disconnects, or to automatically reconnect. *It seems to leak traffic when there is no VPN connection. *Thanks.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stefan063 View Post
    Just made seamless update... Bravo ASUS for fixing it... Newest firmware is working flawlessly. Will see how it goes during next few days...
    I had pushed the team to release manual downloads slightly ahead of schedule exclusively for forum members. The other update methods became available as scheduled, they weren't broken.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast