cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080 TI strix?

NeonRain
Level 7
Does anybody know if the will release a strix version of the TI?

I've seen the strix 2080 for preorder but no TI?
Brands like msi have al show their triple fan gaming x version etc.
23 REPLIES 23

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Preorders being taken here.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-geforce-rtx-2080ti-rog-strix-oc-11264mb-gddr6-pci-express-graphi...
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Rob_W_
Level 12
Silent scone reference to overclockers link!
*Aw,cmon overclockers that’s some price hype compared from nvidea, *£400 up?

Menthol
Level 14
The high price is no different than last generation. And if the same holds true they will be hard to get for some time and prices will stay high.
There's just no competition except their own last generation cards

calzenth
Level 7
NeonRain wrote:
Does anybody know if the will release a strix version of the TI?

I've seen the strix 2080 for preorder but no TI?
Brands like msi have al show their triple fan gaming x version etc.

I was really confused myself on the pre-order day, I just couldn't find it anywhere.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
It wasn't listed by most sites just after launch, just the base model.

KeksimusMaximus
Level 8
If you pay attention to whats going on,

Every RTX2080/2080Ti released so far is using the reference PCB, exactly same as the Founders Edition uses. This means, that specs of these cards wont stand out of FE and these cards are usually "lower-end" cards of family.

RTX2080Ti ROG Strix always used Asus custom made PCB to meet all the OC needs and RGB lighting features etc. That's why its not ready for launch.

If you pay attention to articles posted on ASUS.com you can read there that "more of cards will be released in coming months". ROG Strix 2080TI is one of them.

tl;dr;

its not ready yet, just wait
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming

KeksimusMaximus wrote:
If you pay attention to whats going on,

Every RTX2080/2080Ti released so far is using the reference PCB, exactly same as the Founders Edition uses.

If that was truly the case, why does the MSI Tri-X have three power connectors? 😉

Silent Scone wrote:
If that was truly the case, why does the MSI Tri-X have three power connectors? 😉

Power connectors sell more cards. Even if they don't actually do anything, their mere presence implies better hardware capabilities.

The good folks at MSI (and ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc) understand very well what their intended market looks for when shopping for cards.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]