cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubby7 does not turn on the PC

vin24
Level 7
Hello everyone, last week I bought an internal hub, "Hubby7" yesterday its arrived home, and I mounted it following the instructions in the booklet, as soon as I press the power button of the PC this did not turn on, considering that I read on the internet that when the motherboard does not turn on this could be due to a short circuit of the same, I would like to understand if there is a risk that my motherboard has been damaged.

I add that I tried to detach it from the motherboard, this is rekindled correctly, but I do not know if damage has been created.

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X CODE

Internal Hub: HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub

Link Page Amazon: https://www.amazon.it/Aqua-Computer-Internal-interface-adapter/dp/B01IZ1LKK4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product...

I'm hoping for your help, since I've just axed this PC so I'm afraid of breaking something.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That doesn't sound good...hopefully no damage done....I would simply suggest you don't try again

It says it has a fuse to avoid damage to MB...

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hi vin24,
Try unplugging the hubby 7 and try powering on rig again.
It should power up, if not then double check you case connections and power leads, you may have dislodged one during the hubby7 installation.
Have you tried powering on from mobo button?*

Rob W. wrote:
Hi vin24,
Try unplugging the hubby 7 and try powering on rig again.
It should power up, if not then double check you case connections and power leads, you may have dislodged one during the hubby7 installation.
Have you tried powering on from mobo button?*

In fact, as soon as I saw that it did not turn on, I immediately turned off the power supply and disconnected the internal hub, so let's say the operation lasted a couple of seconds.

The "start" button on the mobo I have not turned on because usually just turn on the power supply (even before I press the start button of the PC) the rog LEDs on the motherboard come on, while in that case nothing has turned on so I assumed something was wrong.

In the process of restarting the PC, the blue screen appeared with this error message (below), where it speaks of "driver" and "power", so I think it is the fault of hubby7.

But for now the pc goes perfectly so I do not know if something is damaged.

Rob_W_
Level 12
If pc is running well now that you disconnected the hubby7 then i would think no damage has been caused.
it is either faulty hubby7 or more likely driver issue.
But good that it’s running:)

Rob W. wrote:
If pc is running well now that you disconnected the hubby7 then i would think no damage has been caused.
it is either faulty hubby7 or more likely driver issue.
But good that it’s running:)

Also I think it is so, but obviously I'm not an expert to be able to establish it myself, however I made the return Amazon so I can feel comfortable, and I opted for another internal hub, this time NZXT, so it is hoped that it is more reliable as soon as I try I'll let you know.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Vin24, I have three of the nzxt hubs, they work fine never any problems with them.