cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VMK restarts randomly and stucks in BIOS settings

andreclaret
Level 7
Hi everyone, I've been following this forum since I faced a bad problem in my laptop and didn't see anyone with a problem like mine.

My problem is that my laptop restarts randomly, independent if I'm using or not. And when it starts, it goes right to the BIOS settings and in the storage section doesn't have my ssd listed. Another point is that my battery is connected to the AC Power, but sometimes it doesn't recharge.
I've checked the temperature and it's ok, so it's not a temperature problem.

As I live in Brazil (bought this laptop in another country), I can't send my laptop to RMA Global, because they don't send back to Brazil (their own response to my request, opened last year). And I can't find any ASUS authorized service in my country cause this laptop version is not a product for Brazil.
I've already lost my warranty, and my laptop started to reboot more frequently these days.

Has someone faced these problems? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Viperwolfmn
Level 7
Do you have anything plugged in through any USB ports? I had an odd issue with my GL702VS where it would enter bios on a restart. Once I unplugged my external keyboard everything worked fine. I bought a new external keyboard and no issue anymore. This could be coming from any USB device plugged in. The BIOS may think it is a drive and trying to boot from it.

Viperwolfmn wrote:
Do you have anything plugged in through any USB ports? I had an odd issue with my GL702VS where it would enter bios on a restart. Once I unplugged my external keyboard everything worked fine. I bought a new external keyboard and no issue anymore. This could be coming from any USB device plugged in. The BIOS may think it is a drive and trying to boot from it.

Thanks for answering, @Viperwolfmn. But the problem is not even getting in the bios and maybe you're right about the usb port. I'll check if it has any device plugged in when it enter bios.
My real problem is this rebooting issue. I can't figure out what it is.