cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow boot during 'Republic of Gamers' logo - Asus Rog G752VY

JaJe92
Level 7
Hello

For I own this Asus ROG G752VY-GC178T with Windows 10 x64 PRO as OS. For a long time I have an issue which I decided today to open a thread since I didn't found any solution for my problem yet.

While I boot up my laptop Its freeze the image on "Republic of Gamers" logo for too long, between 30-45 seconds and then when my image start flickers for a millisecond and then it show up the cursor mouse its starting loading faster the window and login.

I know I don't have any SSD Issue because I have tested it and I see no error.

I tried the following:
1. Upgrading my nVidia card to the latest version (tried both full install and minimal install, driver only without bloat) - No change.
2. I have upgraded my BIOS version to 304 which is the latest - No change
3. From bios I tried disabling the fast boot which I already had activated - No change
4. Checked power option, I only have balanced and not high performace, yet I checked everything to works on high performance while plug-in.

I have latest updates from Microsoft, disabled unnecesarry startup applications, everything works fine, no slow downs during work or gaming.

Anyone know how to deal with this? It's become absurd this thing and I don't what else to do.

Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz, Skylake™, 17.3", Full HD, IPS, 16GB, 1TB + 128GB SSD, Blu-Ray, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
21 REPLIES 21

Rob_W_
Level 12
I thought fast boot should be enabled, otherwise the bios does a full check of all components which is what causes the long post.
Try fast boot enabled again, *

JaJe92
Level 7
Tried, no change. I suspect Windows 10 conflicting with Asus Bios with something but I don't really know what.

Any other tips?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You're making absolutely no exaggeration, correct? You've timed this via Stopwatch? If not, can you do so and note down your recordings?

From Button Push, to Desktop, give or take 1-2 seconds for having to go through the login window and putting in my password, I took 12 seconds boot time.

My ROG Logo was 7-8 seconds of that 12.

My Fastboot is DISABLED (Causes issues with drivers)

Image flicker is fine, this is a pink screen with 3 lines, correct? I assume this is VSync enabling. Unsure, but it's normal to all models.

You could Reinstall Win10 if you're still on the factory image. The Latest Win10 installation has the NVMe drivers installed in it, (as far as I've experienced, if not, I can give you a copy) and is easy to setup.

JaJe92
Level 7
No, I'm not exaggerate when I say that its take at least 30 seconds to boot, all because of the ROG logo freeze. Since my laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition, I had to buy Windows 10 PRO because I had to work with some features which Windows 10 Home edition doesn't have. (Why the hell are you still selling computers with pre-installed windows?)

Anyway,
I checked this old thread with same problem as I:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81854-ASUS-G752VY-Slow-start-Problem

But this didn't really helped me in this case.

If this forum cannot help me at all, where I can talk directly with the Asus support team?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
JaJe92 wrote:

If this forum cannot help me at all, where I can talk directly with the Asus support team?

Hi,

If you want to reach your local ASUS support, check the page below, or if you purchased the system locally, you may also want to check with your store to see if they have more information about it.

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Did you have a chance to check it before you upgraded to Win10 Pro?
Wondering if there might be something in the software related to this.

Thanks.

Clintlgm
Level 14
JaJe92 wrote:
Hello

For I own this Asus ROG G752VY-GC178T with Windows 10 x64 PRO as OS. For a long time I have an issue which I decided today to open a thread since I didn't found any solution for my problem yet.

While I boot up my laptop Its freeze the image on "Republic of Gamers" logo for too long, between 30-45 seconds and then when my image start flickers for a millisecond and then it show up the cursor mouse its starting loading faster the window and login.

I know I don't have any SSD Issue because I have tested it and I see no error.

I tried the following:
1. Upgrading my nVidia card to the latest version (tried both full install and minimal install, driver only without bloat) - No change.
2. I have upgraded my BIOS version to 304 which is the latest - No change
3. From bios I tried disabling the fast boot which I already had activated - No change
4. Checked power option, I only have balanced and not high performace, yet I checked everything to works on high performance while plug-in.

I have latest updates from Microsoft, disabled unnecesarry startup applications, everything works fine, no slow downs during work or gaming.

Anyone know how to deal with this? It's become absurd this thing and I don't what else to do.

Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz, Skylake™, 17.3", Full HD, IPS, 16GB, 1TB + 128GB SSD, Blu-Ray, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB

I suspect that you have screwed some driver loading by the "Disabled Unnecessary Startup Applications' something that you have disabled is causing windows to go find a driver to replace it to continue loading? What are these unnecessary applications that you have disabled?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I suspect that you have screwed some driver loading by the "Disabled Unnecessary Startup Applications' something that you have disabled is causing windows to go find a driver to replace it to continue loading? What are these unnecessary applications that you have disabled?

From Startup I've disabled all softwares which are starting once I login like Microsoft Onedrive, Steam, Discord, Nvstlink (dunno what is it), Windows Defender (I have another antivirus instead), Intel Delayed launcher.

While from Services, check attachment the services I've disabled.

I dunno what else can cause this issues.

JaJe92 wrote:
From Startup I've disabled all softwares which are starting once I login like Microsoft Onedrive, Steam, Discord, Nvstlink (dunno what is it), Windows Defender (I have another antivirus instead), Intel Delayed launcher.

You have disabled many auto startup features, and it certainly seems plausible that Windows has to re-enable something to get booted up. For example, you've disabled Windows Defender. It is best to let your antivirus do that for you. With third party anti-virus, you still need the Windows Defender Security Center to be enabled for example. A MacAfee tech told me that components of Windows Defender work in the background.

As a test, I would restore all of the startup disables that you have done. If that restores a faster boot, then you can more judiciously explore what you can safely disable.

JaJe92 wrote:

After turning back on all the stuff you turned off, your still not booting correctly, you may have to use DISM Tools to repair your system

Open a Admin Command Prompt
copy and paste each tool one at a time, be patient some will take quite a while to repair your system

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f this one will prompt your to answer Yes or Y to proceed to reboot and run.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro