cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD ASUS takes forever (never has parts in stock from the looks of it)

Bloano
Level 7
thing I’m going through a very similar situation as someone else in this section only with a laptop. On July 31st I sent in my lapto to ASUS it eventually arrived August 7th(actually August 6th because I tracked the fedex package and thats when they said it arrived). So throughout this whole process I’ve been watching my RMA status like a hawk, for a whole week the status didn’t change, repairs weren’t made because the parts were not yet there and had to be ordered so they could not proceed with repairs. Now I have no problem with this it’s understandable, so I waited the 4 business days, contacted support and asked if they could give me a notice for when the parts arrived, and they did eventually. On August 16th.. part has arrived and we expect your repairs to be finished in the next 4 business days.. finally a light at the end of the tunnel so I wait *and wait for August 21st.. look at he repair status and nothing has changed (actually my RMA wasn’t even accessible it wouldn’t let me look) so I contacted support and asked what was going on and how soon they would expect my Laptop to be repaired.. he replied back that they had JUST received the parts and were resuming repairs and they DONT have an estimated complete time. So like 4-5 business days prior they emailed me saying hey had all he parts that was the excuse before now it’s their excuse again? Now I’m starting to get aggravated because I really need this laptop, I’m going to college and I need this laptop for a lot of courses I’m taking *and I was hoping to get it back by this week atleast.. but after reading other customers experience I have no hope, but I do pray I can manage my coursework without my laptop. Also how do you guys not have these newer model motherboards and keyboards in stock? This laptop is only a year old and is one of your newest models.. it seems like you’d keep your newer boards in stock especially after knowing about how much these models overheat..
2 REPLIES 2

Bloano
Level 7
Also not to mention it's 410$ out of my pocket because the Laptop suddenly has overheating issues which leads to the board getting destroyed A MONTH AFTER MY WARRANTY EXPIRES. Literally one month... I've seen countless of people going through the exact same problems with this Laptop..btw it's only ONE YEAR OLD never spilled anything on it, never miss handled it.. actually the exterior is fine except the spacebar practically fell off with light use... AND THEY MADE ME PAY FOR THE WHOLE KEYBOARD OR ELSE THEY WERE GOING TO SEND THE LAPTOP BACK UNREPAIRED. it just annoys me that I spent 400$ to repair the thing thinking it wouldn't take a whole dang month just to repair it.. A month really? it takes that long to order a couple parts and replace them? But had I known I would have just bought a crappy HP notebook so I'd atleast have a Laptop to do my schoolwork on.. Thanks for nothing ASUS... and I wouldn't even be this mad had I not been lied to about the parts not being ordered.. How is it I get an email on August 16th saying the parts arrived, and the Laptop would be due to finish in 4 business days... but once the 21st arrive i get into contact with support and again they say the parts had just arrived.. that makes no sense to me whatsoever.. SO thanks ASUS thanks for giving me a good reason to never do business with you ever again.
Your Message
Image Verification

Bloano wrote:
Also not to mention it's 410$ out of my pocket because the Laptop suddenly has overheating issues which leads to the board getting destroyed A MONTH AFTER MY WARRANTY EXPIRES. Literally one month... I've seen countless of people going through the exact same problems with this Laptop..btw it's only ONE YEAR OLD never spilled anything on it, never miss handled it.. actually the exterior is fine except the spacebar practically fell off with light use... AND THEY MADE ME PAY FOR THE WHOLE KEYBOARD OR ELSE THEY WERE GOING TO SEND THE LAPTOP BACK UNREPAIRED. it just annoys me that I spent 400$ to repair the thing thinking it wouldn't take a whole dang month just to repair it.. A month really? it takes that long to order a couple parts and replace them? But had I known I would have just bought a crappy HP notebook so I'd atleast have a Laptop to do my schoolwork on.. Thanks for nothing ASUS... and I wouldn't even be this mad had I not been lied to about the parts not being ordered.. How is it I get an email on August 16th saying the parts arrived, and the Laptop would be due to finish in 4 business days... but once the 21st arrive i get into contact with support and again they say the parts had just arrived.. that makes no sense to me whatsoever.. SO thanks ASUS thanks for giving me a good reason to never do business with you ever again.
Your Message
Image Verification

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, i would be more than glad to help provide resolution to this case. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.: