cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Armoury II - v2.06.05 [Report any issues here]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Armoury II 2.06.05 is now available through Live Update.

Release Notes:
1. Added support for TUF Gaming K5 keyboard.

GeorgeKps
Level 7
Probably the most annoying issue is the fact that Asus doesn't pay attention to simple user requests. I'll explain.

It would be GREAT if you were able to manually set the color values you want just like you can in the Aura software. Or, you could change color effects on unlinked hardware in Aura instead of having "link hardware" as the only option when clicking on it.

An example. Having the m/board and GPU synced on a set color + effect (like breathing) with unlinked keyboard set to a specific color + static is probably impossible. Armory software doesn't let you specify the RGB values you want so you have to juggle around the "seriously problematic" color circle + triangle color selection panel. So Asus, please, either give us the Aura function to Armory so we're able to manually set the RGB color values or enable unlinked hardware in Aura so we can set RGB values from there.

Also, Claymore keyboard (yes, this ridiculously expensive keyboard) cannot work with the S5 shortcuts unless you've installed the KeyBot software. Which breaks Armoury....! There are functions on the keyboard which you Asus have advertised as selling points which don't function with the other selling points like RGB effects.

As for the ability to actually read the Macros from the keys and show them when updating the Armoury software instead of showing the default values DESPITE the fact that the macros are operating, i won't refer to since it seems like a really far-fetched ability.

It reminds me of the reason i put my D2X sound card to its box because Asus doesn't make drivers for new Windows 10 versions.

(i'm not going to again kindly request you considered putting a fire effect on the Armoury or Aura like Razer's because i'm 100% certain it'll never happen...)

Thank you for your time and excuse the wall of text.

GeorgeKps wrote:
Probably the most annoying issue is the fact that Asus doesn't pay attention to simple user requests. I'll explain.

It would be GREAT if you were able to manually set the color values you want just like you can in the Aura software. Or, you could change color effects on unlinked hardware in Aura instead of having "link hardware" as the only option when clicking on it.

An example. Having the m/board and GPU synced on a set color + effect (like breathing) with unlinked keyboard set to a specific color + static is probably impossible. Armory software doesn't let you specify the RGB values you want so you have to juggle around the "seriously problematic" color circle + triangle color selection panel. So Asus, please, either give us the Aura function to Armory so we're able to manually set the RGB color values or enable unlinked hardware in Aura so we can set RGB values from there.

Also, Claymore keyboard (yes, this ridiculously expensive keyboard) cannot work with the S5 shortcuts unless you've installed the KeyBot software. Which breaks Armoury....! There are functions on the keyboard which you Asus have advertised as selling points which don't function with the other selling points like RGB effects.

As for the ability to actually read the Macros from the keys and show them when updating the Armoury software instead of showing the default values DESPITE the fact that the macros are operating, i won't refer to since it seems like a really far-fetched ability.

It reminds me of the reason i put my D2X sound card to its box because Asus doesn't make drivers for new Windows 10 versions.

(i'm not going to again kindly request you considered putting a fire effect on the Armoury or Aura like Razer's because i'm 100% certain it'll never happen...)

Thank you for your time and excuse the wall of text.

The software team always has a full schedule months in advance, which accounts for the time required to fix bugs. Any new requests are reviewed. I can give the team recommendations but at the end of the day, they are the ones who need to execute with the tight schedule they have. Quite often, making small and seemingly simple changes is more complex than people think.

Changing the color values isn't a high priority unfortunately, inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean they will display exactly the same color. The LEDs themselves may not display exactly the same color. The color wheel is a better way for you to match the brightness and saturation.

Connecting the Claymore to the KeyBot port is great when you are tuning your system, after that, just use another port. KeyBot is ideal for enhancing functionality on a basic keyboard, but you have a Claymore with media controls and customizable keys. It doesn't really benefit you to use KeyBot for general use.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The software team always has a full schedule months in advance, which accounts for the time required to fix bugs. Any new requests are reviewed. I can give the team recommendations but at the end of the day, they are the ones who need to execute with the tight schedule they have. Quite often, making small and seemingly simple changes is more complex than people think.

Changing the color values isn't a high priority unfortunately, inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean they will display exactly the same color. The LEDs themselves may not display exactly the same color. The color wheel is a better way for you to match the brightness and saturation.

Connecting the Claymore to the KeyBot port is great when you are tuning your system, after that, just use another port. KeyBot is ideal for enhancing functionality on a basic keyboard, but you have a Claymore with media controls and customizable keys. It doesn't really benefit you to use KeyBot for general use.

WOW, that's a response i would expect to see from Creative, not Asus...

The color adjustment, personalization and customization is your company's selling point (for the said product) and despite what you're saying about "inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean that they will display exactly the same color", the keyboard's LEDs seem to disagree (as well as my m/board's and GPU's LEDs and the LED strips i have installed). Furthermore, you seem to contradict yourself with how "the circle and the triangle being a better way to match brightness and saturation" when you already said that 2 components may not display the exact same color. Well, maybe you haven't tried to use it to see what a pain it is to fiddle with even when having to set the mouse DPI to the lowest setting so you can have better accuracy. Also, the software team has already achieved this option to a different software so it doesn't seem that difficult to apply the same logic to this one. One could actually expect it to work the same way being made from the same company.

The Claymore has a really (i mean REALLY) handy function (among others), that is to switch the computer on from it. Again a selling point which you're telling me i should have guessed that it's for a limited time?

Thank you very much for your reply. You haven't been really helpful but you've made me think twice on what products i'll purchase on my next hardware upgrade.

GeorgeKps wrote:
WOW, that's a response i would expect to see from Creative, not Asus...

The color adjustment, personalization and customization is your company's selling point (for the said product) and despite what you're saying about "inserting the same RGB values for two components doesn't mean that they will display exactly the same color", the keyboard's LEDs seem to disagree (as well as my m/board's and GPU's LEDs and the LED strips i have installed). Furthermore, you seem to contradict yourself with how "the circle and the triangle being a better way to match brightness and saturation" when you already said that 2 components may not display the exact same color. Well, maybe you haven't tried to use it to see what a pain it is to fiddle with even when having to set the mouse DPI to the lowest setting so you can have better accuracy. Also, the software team has already achieved this option to a different software so it doesn't seem that difficult to apply the same logic to this one. One could actually expect it to work the same way being made from the same company.

The Claymore has a really (i mean REALLY) handy function (among others), that is to switch the computer on from it. Again a selling point which you're telling me i should have guessed that it's for a limited time?

Thank you very much for your reply. You haven't been really helpful but you've made me think twice on what products i'll purchase on my next hardware upgrade.

I understand it can be disappointing, but implementing all or most requests simply isn't possible. Thanks for providing feedback and suggestions. While new ideas may not be implemented immediately, they might be sometime in the future.

F0x135
Level 7
Thanks @MasterC@Asus.

I held out for this update, as of last week on v2.06.04, my claymore (+TK) started defaulting itself to breathing (red) in profile 1. I usually leave it on either custom or wave.

I held out for this update in hopes the 2.06.05 will fix it, but this is the 3rd reboot now and it still defaults back to breathing red.

I just did a clean install of windows 10 3 weeks ago after installing a 970 Evo NVME, so its essentially a clean build.

Any thoughts? I'm keen to try a clean install of armoury, is there a cleaner for this like Aura has?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
F0x135 wrote:
Thanks @MasterC@Asus.

I held out for this update, as of last week on v2.06.04, my claymore (+TK) started defaulting itself to breathing (red) in profile 1. I usually leave it on either custom or wave.

I held out for this update in hopes the 2.06.05 will fix it, but this is the 3rd reboot now and it still defaults back to breathing red.

I just did a clean install of windows 10 3 weeks ago after installing a 970 Evo NVME, so its essentially a clean build.

Any thoughts? I'm keen to try a clean install of armoury, is there a cleaner for this like Aura has?

Have you tried resetting the Claymore (Hold Fn+Esc for ~20 seconds)?
I tried on this version and the last but couldn't replicate.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Have you tried resetting the Claymore (Hold Fn+Esc for ~20 seconds)?
I tried on this version and the last but couldn't replicate.

Thanks MasterC. Resetting the claymore wiped the profile so i had to recreate it, but it is now saving it as it should.

Hopper64
Level 15
Noticed with this driver and the previous version that my lighting settings are not kept from time to time after reboot. I had a static setting, then noticed a different one after rebooting the computer. It's like a color cycle. ??

I have to go into the software and save the static setting again.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Noticed with this driver and the previous version that my lighting settings are not kept from time to time after reboot. I had a static setting, then noticed a different one after rebooting the computer. It's like a color cycle. ??

I have to go into the software and save the static setting again.

On which product(s)?
Next time, can you confirm if it's the lighting effect or profile that got changed?
Are your peripherals synced?