cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gt51ch m.2 ssd faulty?

jordo2k1
Level 7
i have had a gt51ch (single gtx 1070 edition) for a few months now and ive been underwhelmed with the qaulity.
i normally build my own systems with custom water cooling etc etc but thought i would upgrade and sell my old build and get this gt51ch.
my problem is i noticed long boot times so i decided to do a few ssd benchmarks with as ssd benchmark and my speeds have been up and down.
some days the drive runs at its rated 500mb/s read and 350mb/s write but mostly both read and write wont get over 30mb/s.
i believe its a faulty drive here is a result from a speed test.
AS SSD Benchmark 2.0.6694.23026
------------------------------
Name: Micron_1100_MTFDDAV256TBN
Firmware: M0MA020
Controller: iaStorAC
Offset: 630784 K - OK
Size: 238.47 GB
Date: 23/08/2018 19:06:27
Sequential:
Read: 29.92 MB/s
Write: 28.27 MB/s
4K:
Read: 7.78 MB/s
Write: 24.02 MB/s
4K-64Threads:
Read: 15.01 MB/s
Write: 25.80 MB/s
Access Times:
Read: 0.301 ms
Write: 0.254 ms
Score:
Read: 26
Write: 53
Total: 95

is there anyway of improving the drive speed by fixing a problem with windows or is it a case of a rma?
i have been told by asus to rma the system ( yes return the whole tower) but id rather just return the card as its much less hassle .
any advice ? would be welcome thanks guys!

ps is there anyway to unclock the gt51ch bios or grab a custom file as there is literaly no decent options to tweak user end?
6 REPLIES 6

toronto699
Level 13
The Only Way To RMA Is The Complete Unit , Original , Parts , There Is No Known Way To Unlock The Bios , I Have Had An Asus G30AB , GD30CI , Both Had SSD Failures , The Sooner You RMA The Better off You Will Be , Clone Copy The C Drive If You RMA , If There Unreplaceable Files On The SSD Drive , Both MY Asus Machines Took 4 weeks To Be Returned , Or Just Buy A Better SSD,

cheers for the reply!
i was thinking of just replacing the drive tbh as i want a samsung pro with alot better read/write speed plus ive just realised the rma is a no go as when i bought the system i pulled out the rog water cooling and custom built an ek water cooling setup.
cheers for the advice, and its a shame about the bios as it really limits the system. do you know of any other asus board which supports this tower/case lighting as i want rid tbh for a better board.

toronto699
Level 13
The MB In The GT 51 is an Asus Hybrid Board , What Chip Set does it have as this will point u I n the right direction as to what Asus MB its referenced to , Just No Bios Unlock , Some In One The Forum Replaced A G30AB with another Asus Mother Board , As For Lighting does it not Power On From the Power Supply , I Checked The GT51 Driver Page There Was No Lighting Effects Soft Ware That I Could See , If There Is And I Missed It Send Me Link So I Can Try the Lighting effects On Another Asus PC , Please , If No Lighting Effects Software Then the lighting should work with another Asus Board From The Power Supply One would Think , Open The Case See Where Lighting is Hooked up To, GT51 Nice Case ,If Lighting Comes From The MB it Should Still Work On A Newer Asus MB ,

cheers for taking the time to reply!
firstly the chipset on the motherboard is the intel z270.
the lighting on the case is controled by the ASUS Aegis III software i did just try to get you the link but seems the driver page is having trouble so i will get it for you asap. The software is in multiple parts, it controls overclock,boost and lighting.
The lighting itself is hooked up at the bottom right hand corner of the motherboad via two sets of headers. if i remember right it says asus rog or something similiar above the headers.
one thing i noticed is in the lighting software it shows a pic of the gt51ch tower and the areas of light which you can customise,now i dont know weather it pulls this info from the motherboard or the case as there are other asus setups that use the aegis 3 software for lighting. if it was the case then im sure a new mobo with the right headers would power the lighting as long as the case showed up in the software so you could control the diffefrent areas.
however then i ask myself if it shows up the case and the mobo is not the gt51ch then surely the boost and overclock controls would be wrong.
scratchy head time i think!
any info would be great tho cheers.

toronto699
Level 13
I Do Not See Why The Lighting Would not Work An Another Board , The GT51 is based On One Of The z270 MB s Then , With less Bios Feature , Probably one of the cheaper z270 boards , for me long as it lights up , that would be ok ,

Cheers pal I'm gonna have a good look this week as I want full featured gaming board as the PC really deserves it the gt51ch just doesn't do the system justice.