cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems updating my BIOS Rampage V

detc0rd
Level 7
Hello everyone.
Tonight i tried to update my bios to the 3801 version, but with no luck.
After Flash my system boots, stops at code 33 then goes into the same loop over and over.
I tried regular flash through EZ flash and USB flash, even tried the new micro code for modding the bios , but the same things happens over and over again.
I switched to bios 2 then it boots, copy the settings back to bios 1 to try and flash it again, but it seems to be stopping at code 33 every single time.
Was wondering if anyone here have a good tip for how to successfully flash my bios, or what might be causing this to happen ?
My old bios was from 2017 but cant remeber the version, i dont know if that have anything to say in the matter?
My specs are
Windows 10 64bit
Asus Rampage V 2011 v3 motherboard
5930k Intel cpu
32GB Corsair 2666mhz ram
2x 980TI
Corsair AX 1200 watt PSU
Thanks in advance, and hope you all have a great day.
Best regards
Chris
3 REPLIES 3

chevell65
Level 12
The following link shows a similar problem with a bios update on Rampage V and code 33.

This guy ended up trying a different Rampage V board with the same results.

In this case it turned out to be a bad CPU but there a few more fixes that may work for you in the following link.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81115-Bios-1801-problem-qcode-33-or-4f

detc0rd
Level 7
Thank you very much for your reply buddy 😊. Ive checked out some of those options already as i stumbled across that topic earlier. The thing is if i boot from bios 2 and copy the bios back it boots up without any problems, its only when i try to update it to a newer version this problem occurs, could that also be thw cpu messing up? 😞
Thanks for any help so far, if you guys have any good ideas keep em coming 😊, i will work on theough the day, and report back any luck i have 😊.
Best regards
Christian*

detc0rd
Level 7
I rolled back and manage to install the 2011 Bios, not the newest one there is, but atleast my system is stable and working, so ill guess ill just stick to this for the time beein 🙂
I guess i could take it step by step unti i find the latest working bios that my mobo will accept, but ill let it rest for now, aslong as its working, i guess i should be happy with that.
Thanks for the input Chevell, much appreciated 😉
Best regards
Chris