cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF X-470 Gaming hangs at bios

Tacosauce
Level 7
As the title says my new build hangs at bios, but only once after the computer has been shutdown. Then seems to work just fine after cold boot off and on again.

I tried turning off fast boot in the windows settings, no change. Bios are up to date at Version 4017.

Also separate problem but probably not a huge deal, the RAM settings have to be set to auto instead of manually changed to the actual speed (turn off the DOCP profile) or I get an error and set back.

Unsure if anyone has ideas for a fix or two, help is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

RAMChYLD
Level 7
Tacosauce wrote:
As the title says my new build hangs at bios, but only once after the computer has been shutdown. Then seems to work just fine after cold boot off and on again.

I tried turning off fast boot in the windows settings, no change. Bios are up to date at Version 4017.

Also separate problem but probably not a huge deal, the RAM settings have to be set to auto instead of manually changed to the actual speed (turn off the DOCP profile) or I get an error and set back.

Unsure if anyone has ideas for a fix or two, help is appreciated.

I’m having the same issue with my build, when cold booting the machine would freeze up once at the TUF BIOS screen. Pressing reset would allow the machine to proceed once the screen shows again. Don’t understand it. I suspected it’s the fact that I use six laptop hard drives in RAID-0 and the PSU isn’t powerful enough to drive the build (I’m using a Corsair HX 850W Platinum PSU, but the build has six laptop hard drives, a Vega 64 and a Ryzen 7 2700X, along with a couple of other trinkets like a PCIe WiFi card, SoundBlaster X-Fi and a HDMI Capture card) but the Outervision power calculator says that isn’t the case. I also suspected RAM incompatibility, as some sites claim that 3000MHz RAM is unstable on the Ryzen memory management unit, but even after swapping them out for slower 2666MHz RAM I can tell that it’s not the case.

I’ve turned Fast Boot off, and I have the latest 4026 BIOS. I’ve even meddled with the Hook Int19h and optional BIOS ROM setting and turned those to disabled and keep-current respectively, with zero success.

One more thing I’d like to try is hard disk delay initializition, but that option doesn’t seem to be available for this board.
So yeah, any help would be great.

I am having the same issue. Hangs on the splash screen. Always after a 'warm restart'. Only way to get it to work is by turning completely off at the wall and doing a 'cold boot'. even then I only have a 50/50 chance. This is clearly a bug of some sort that really should have been fixed before release. That is 3 DIFFERENT X470 BOARDS!! ALL ASUS SO DON'T TRY AND BLAME AMD FOR THIS!!

I am wishing I just stuck with my X370 Taichi. I heard these mobos are the best though and I wanted the best. All I have is the best headache......