Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by jorge.pinheiro View Post
    long story short , after MyAsus suggested update of file ROG KB Firmware Update tool V2.2.4 now my amazing Zephyrus GX701GWR IS KEYBOARD DEAD !!!! And no file to downgrade or update anywhere in the Asus website ! Shame ASUS !!!

How can this be done ? and not having a single ROGKBFWupdate tool in the website for this model to at least flash an older bin ????
    Sure, i can find some these ROGKBFWupdate tool to save some models with some fw ( example saved a friends G531 with this : F0NK1100.G531GD.416 ), but not with the bin of my GX701 …. Do you (ASUS) really think that everyone is dumb ?!? and cant flash manually the keyboard ? at least until you came with the fix ????

SHAME , LAME SUPPORT AND TERRIBLE WAY OF MAKING EXPENSIVE COMPUTERS USELESS !! MINE HAD COST MORE THAN 2500 EUROS !!
    I'm facing the exact same problem now. My model is GX701GX and the keyboard dead after using the Firmware Update tool V2.2.4. Please let me know if you found any solutions!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 447280810 View Post
    I'm facing the exact same problem now. My model is GX701GX and the keyboard dead after using the Firmware Update tool V2.2.4. Please let me know if you found any solutions!
    Well after firmware installation on my GX701 only the trackpad stopped working, the keyboard was fine. The trackpad was however still working in the bios (hence a driver issue), so possibly we have different problems.

But to get my trackpad working in windows again I had to goto software update under myasus and install Serial IO under "others" category. I reinstalled trackpad drivers anyway just to be safe.

If your keyboard isn't even working in bios quite possibly the firmware flash failed, and probably have to take it to an asus service centre.

New ROGer Array

It worked!

Quote Originally Posted by karl.frascari View Post
    Hi guys, I finally managed to fix my GL703VM. Not thanks to Asus support!

First of all:
    I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware!
    Please keep in mind this is not a official fix! I just managed to do it by myself. So please keep in mind that you may brick your keyboard.
    I only have done this because I was without any other options!

Here what I have done:

1) Download ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool from Other session (Driver and tools from Asus website):
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...upportSite.zip

2) Install 7zip

3) Extract KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe

4) Click with right button on KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and click on 7zip > Extract here

5) Open fw folder

6) Create a copy of the file: GL703GE.220.0

7) Rename it to file: GL703VM.220.0

8) Go back and execute the ROGKBFWUpdateTool.exe file

9) Be happy with your working keyboard

Hope it can help you guys! And Asus, you really need to improve your support!!

Well i had the same problem with my GL703VM, apparently after some windows update the keyboard and the lights magically stop working.

I tried this procedure and it worked! Thank you Karl

A few drawbacks though, Caps Lock indicator is not working, not a big deal, also the lights that use to be glow at shutdown the laptop it's gone. Like a red wave from left to right, also missing at sleep the laptop.

At least my keyboard is working again, and with the RBG lights!

I request a Support case at Asus, that will send me the correct file (firmware) to my model specifically, to recover all the stock lights. But they sugest that need to send the laptop for repairs, they are nuts.

Moderator Array

Hello Jorge,
    Please kindly provide your SN to me in PM.
    And may i know how is your keyboard now?
    Did you contact any of our local support?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge.pinheiro View Post
    long story short , after MyAsus suggested update of file ROG KB Firmware Update tool V2.2.4 now my amazing Zephyrus GX701GWR IS KEYBOARD DEAD !!!! And no file to downgrade or update anywhere in the Asus website ! Shame ASUS !!!

How can this be done ? and not having a single ROGKBFWupdate tool in the website for this model to at least flash an older bin ????
    Sure, i can find some these ROGKBFWupdate tool to save some models with some fw ( example saved a friends G531 with this : F0NK1100.G531GD.416 ), but not with the bin of my GX701 …. Do you (ASUS) really think that everyone is dumb ?!? and cant flash manually the keyboard ? at least until you came with the fix ????

SHAME , LAME SUPPORT AND TERRIBLE WAY OF MAKING EXPENSIVE COMPUTERS USELESS !! MINE HAD COST MORE THAN 2500 EUROS !!

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi, I have a similar problem with the GL503VS laptop, the keyboard failed ... tell me how to find firmware for this laptop model

Moderator Array

Hello stsa85,
    Was there any update or modification before your keyboard failed?
    Also, is there any error message in the device manager?
    Thank you.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hello stsa85,
    Was there any update or modification before your keyboard failed?
    Also, is there any error message in the device manager?
    Thank you.
    it's hard to say, windows is constantly updated, but the first time the keyboard turned off after connecting the graphics tablet, but turned on after the computer was completely turned off and on, it happened several times, and on Tuesday it turned off completely. only the power button works, and even without a backlight. do not even go into the BIOS.

Moderator Array

Hello stsa85,
    In this case,
    Please kindly send your device to service center.
    Thank you very much.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello stsa85,
    In this case,
    Thank you very much.
    I solved the problem myself, by flashing the keyboard from another laptop model. A service center is long and expensive.

New ROGer Array

Hello stsa85,
    In this case,
    Thank you very much.
    Is it possible to post the correct firmware that we need to flash here? so we can restore all functionallity?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast