cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix GL503GE laptop keyboard is not working in BIOS and windows FIX [100%]

infernoshatt
Level 8
GL503GE Specification:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8300H
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64Bit)

Problem:
Recently I bought an ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop. After purchasing I updated windows and all drivers to their latest version and updated BIOS to 308. After 10 days of usage I faced a weird problem regarding my keyboard. My ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop's keyboard was not working, basically it was totally dead. The ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE gaming laptop's keyboard wasn't working in BIOS also the keyboard wasn't working in windows. The keyboard wasn't showing in the device manager. Keyboard RGB light also became disabled. The Red light of the power button had disabled.
And finally, I saw the laptop's Power LED indicator (White Light) was keeping turned on even after I shut down my laptop.

What I tried but could't fix the issue:

1. Freshly Installed Windows and updated all drivers.
2. Restored to the factory default from my backup using acronis true image.
3. Installed Ubuntu Linux.
4. Downgraded BIOS to version 303.
5. Completely drained the battery.
6. Opened the laptop and disconnected the battery and remove the bios battery, kept 20 minute like that.
7. Did a hard reset as described in ASUS website. link: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032747/

Nothing fixed my issue and I got very much disappointed thinking I got a faulty keyboard.

Solution:

Download and install: Hotfix from ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE Website.

Finally after 1 days of madness I figured out how to resolve the ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE keyboard not working problem. There is a Hotfix on ASUS website for ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE is available. That Hotfix fixes the keyboard LED lighting issues. I saw that Hotfix few times but I didn't pay attention to that cause I thought my keyboard is not getting detected then why would I bother to keyboard's RGB lighting. Later when I failed to fix the issue in every possible way, I thought to try out that Hotfix to see what it does and BOOM the Hotfix updated my keyboard firmware, and my keyboard was fully working. However I faced this ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE keyboard not detected/working issue twice. Once all of a sudden my keyboard stopped working and other time the keyboard stopped working after I updated windows 10.

ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE Power LED kept turned on after Shut down Fix:
After downloading and installing the keyboard Hotfix ROG Strix GL503GE's power LED problem also fixed automitacally. Now after turning off the laptop, the LED Power light also get turned off.

Feedback of Hotfix:
Though the keyboard Hotfix resolve the problem but you might encounter the same keyboard problem again. I faced the keyboard problem twice. It seems this Hotfix couldn't fix the keyboard issue permanently. All you need to do is whenever you face the keyboard not detected/working problem you have to install that Hotfix. #ASUS need to look at this problem and should deliver a permanent solution to that.
59 REPLIES 59

infernoshatt
Level 8
So far this keyboard not working problem occurred 10 times during 2 months period. To fix the problem I had to install Hotfix every time! I expect the permanent solution from ASUS regarding "Asus ROG Strix GL503GE laptop keyboard is not working in BIOS and windows"

Hello, I have the same problem but can't find the hotfix? Please help me out!

Emiel97 wrote:
Hello, I have the same problem but can't find the hotfix? Please help me out!

I added the Hotfix download link on the post by hyperlinking with the word Hotfix. You can also download the Hotfix from the link given below.

Visit this link: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/HelpDesk_Download/

Hotfix is on the bottom of that web page. Please let us know if that can fix your problem.

I try the hotfix and still nothing, my gosh its annoying!

Sorry for the post necromancy, but my Gl503VM has the same exact problem, keyboard doesn't work either in windows, BIOS or Linux and the power light stays on unless I hold the power button for 5 seconds to shut down windows. Unfortunately it seems that the keyboard firmware updater doesn't work for this laptop, it tells me that it couldn't find an update in the updater's folder. They have the same chassis and keyboard, so it should work, right?

Facing the same exact thing with my GL703VM, no hotfix available for this model.

jaykhandelwal wrote:
Facing the same exact thing with my GL703VM, no hotfix available for this model.

Same as you ,but with GL503VD and there is no hotfix

didn't find that link at the bottom

karl_frascari
Level 8
Same here, my keyboard completely died. Isn't working on bios, not lightning up. Nothing! A $1600 laptop with a keyboard that doesn't work...