Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by zeruspocus View Post
    I just solved the problem and happily typing from my GL502VSK keyboard after one year without it.

I've tried absolutely everything, drivers, windwows, etc... nothing worked.

What I did is to file a complaint against Asus explaining the situation one more time and assuring this problem was on their side.... and they sent me a magic file that fixes everything, a file that you can't find online and they asked me not to share.

I'm assuming the files are different for each model, so the best thing you guys can do is to file this complaint and claim for that file.

Good Luck!

Hi! I've got the same GL502VSK laptop and was hoping you could share that "magic file" or hotfix. I replaced my keyboard and to my astonishment it still wasn't working. I am sure it is a firmware issue as is posted since physical replacement of the keyboard did not solve the problem but I do not know how to update it. Thanks!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by zeruspocus View Post
    I just solved the problem and happily typing from my GL502VSK keyboard after one year without it.

I've tried absolutely everything, drivers, windwows, etc... nothing worked.

What I did is to file a complaint against Asus explaining the situation one more time and assuring this problem was on their side.... and they sent me a magic file that fixes everything, a file that you can't find online and they asked me not to share.

I'm assuming the files are different for each model, so the best thing you guys can do is to file this complaint and claim for that file.

Good Luck!

Hi ZeroPocus! Thanks for sharing it!

Could you please tell us which channel were you using to contact Asus?

Thanks!!

New ROGer Array

GL703GE - Finally I found a solution!

After not having a working keyboard for a couple of months and basically trying everything including checking in at this forum to seek knowledge, I finally found a solution for my notebook.

It seems different solutions work on different computers. I hope this method will help, if not all with the same issue, as many as possible at least.

I used an old keyboard firmware updater called "KBFWUpdateTool".

It was my first idea to use it when my keyboard broke down but i couldn´t find it, thought i deleted it and didn´t remember the name of it, so I forgot about it again since I couldn´t find it when googling, etc either. Today it resurfaced however when I was doing a bit of a well needed cleaning up of my hard drive. ^^

Anyway. I hope it will help someone.

ROG Member Array

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mrmalkier View Post
    After not having a working keyboard for a couple of months and basically trying everything including checking in at this forum to seek knowledge, I finally found a solution for my notebook.

It seems different solutions work on different computers. I hope this method will help, if not all with the same issue, as many as possible at least.

I used an old keyboard firmware updater called "KBFWUpdateTool".

It was my first idea to use it when my keyboard broke down but i couldn´t find it, thought i deleted it and didn´t remember the name of it, so I forgot about it again since I couldn´t find it when googling, etc either. Today it resurfaced however when I was doing a bit of a well needed cleaning up of my hard drive. ^^

Anyway. I hope it will help someone.

Hi MrMlakier! Would you mind to send this KBFWUpdateTool on a google drive or similar? Thanks so much!

ROG Member Array

Lightbulb Finally fixed it

Hi guys, I finally managed to fix my GL703VM. Not thanks to Asus support!

First of all:
    I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware!
    Please keep in mind this is not a official fix! I just managed to do it by myself. So please keep in mind that you may brick your keyboard.
    I only have done this because I was without any other options!

Here what I have done:

1) Download ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool from Other session (Driver and tools from Asus website):
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...upportSite.zip

2) Install 7zip

3) Extract KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe

4) Click with right button on KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and click on 7zip > Extract here

5) Open fw folder

6) Create a copy of the file: GL703GE.220.0

7) Rename it to file: GL703VM.220.0

8) Go back and execute the ROGKBFWUpdateTool.exe file

9) Be happy with your working keyboard

Hope it can help you guys! And Asus, you really need to improve your support!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2