Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Gl553ve

I have the same problem but with the GL553VE keyboard completely dead used to sometimes work after restarting but not always. Now it has stopped working completely !! has anyone managed to solve this issue on this laptop ??

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by karl.frascari View Post
    Hi guys, I finally managed to fix my GL703VM. Not thanks to Asus support!

First of all:
    I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware!
    Please keep in mind this is not a official fix! I just managed to do it by myself. So please keep in mind that you may brick your keyboard.
    I only have done this because I was without any other options!

Here what I have done:

1) Download ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool from Other session (Driver and tools from Asus website):
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/G...upportSite.zip

2) Install 7zip

3) Extract KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe

4) Click with right button on KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and click on 7zip > Extract here

5) Open fw folder

6) Create a copy of the file: GL703GE.220.0

7) Rename it to file: GL703VM.220.0

8) Go back and execute the ROGKBFWUpdateTool.exe file

9) Be happy with your working keyboard

Hope it can help you guys! And Asus, you really need to improve your support!!

Thank you a lot for solution. It works for my GL703GS laptop. I used to have same issue with keyboard. After running KBFWUpdateTool it becomes alive. Btw last version already has image for my model, so no need to rename something.

New ROGer Array

Fml same issue with gu502lv

I am facing the same exact issue the only button that will work on my laptop is the power button I do not have the light issue as you but no R GB lights no keyboard work at all at 1st the hot keys worked for A-day or 2 and then they even stopped working I checked to see if the ribbon cable is disconnected at all and it is fold all the way in to text my kea board in the device manager and says it's working fine trouble shooter doesn't recognize any problems I don't know what to do please somebody help me There is a keyboard hot fix in my asus in it won't let me download that

New ROGer Array

Nothing helped me (I have GX701GX). But I have found solution:
    Copy ROGKBFWUpdateTool folder to the desktop.
    Restart your pc in safe mode (for windows) and start ROGKBFWUpdateTool as admin

It worked for me, took few minutes to update.

New ROGer Array

Same problem with my GU502GV

Quote Originally Posted by OrderThruChaos8 View Post
    I am facing the same exact issue the only button that will work on my laptop is the power button I do not have the light issue as you but no R GB lights no keyboard work at all at 1st the hot keys worked for A-day or 2 and then they even stopped working I checked to see if the ribbon cable is disconnected at all and it is fold all the way in to text my kea board in the device manager and says it's working fine trouble shooter doesn't recognize any problems I don't know what to do please somebody help me There is a keyboard hot fix in my asus in it won't let me download that
    The keyboard stopped working and so did the RGB lighting. I've downgraded from the 309 to 307 in the BIOS and nothing worked. I read somewhere that pressing and holding the power key for 60 seconds would let it work but it doesn't last long. I want to know if you found a fix for it.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by karl.frascari View Post
    Hi guys, I finally managed to fix my GL703VM. Not thanks to Asus support!

First of all:
    I am not responsible for any damage you might do to your hardware!
    Please keep in mind this is not a official fix! I just managed to do it by myself. So please keep in mind that you may brick your keyboard.
    I only have done this because I was without any other options!

Here what I have done:

1) Download ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool from Other session (Driver and tools from Asus website):

2) Install 7zip

3) Extract KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5_forSupportSite.exe

4) Click with right button on KBFWUpdateTool_v1.0.5 and click on 7zip > Extract here

5) Open fw folder

6) Create a copy of the file: GL703GE.220.0

7) Rename it to file: GL703VM.220.0

8) Go back and execute the ROGKBFWUpdateTool.exe file

9) Be happy with your working keyboard

Hope it can help you guys! And Asus, you really need to improve your support!!

Hello!
    I am one of the owner of ROG STRIX 2 GL504GW.
    I had this problem last december and I literally done everything to fix this problem.
    I had to re-installed the windows OS, Updated BIOS, almost everything.
    But still, I couldn't solve this problem.
    So I choose to visit the service center for the last option.

And they told me there was a problem on keyboard firmware and this one occurs really frequently on this model.
    However, ASUS doesn't provide the hotfix for the GL504GW. (I have no idea why)
    and service engineer said whenever this happens, I should visit the service center everytime.

and even before the 2 months pass, the firmware bugged again.
    And I found your hotfix, and It worked really good!
    Even though The Keyboard's LED doesn't show the right color despite managing Aura Creator.
    and Fn+F9 (Switching Screens), Volume keys, mute key and Armory Crate key don't work, Still, It seems like a good first aid firmware for the urgent laptop users.

I will visit ASUS customer service center on monday, and I will ask them for the firmware program for GL504GW.
    I am really appreciated for your share for the first aid hot fix.
    Thank you so much!

New ROGer Array

Wink Gl703gs fix1

Hello!

From over a month I was facing problem with keyboard too, on Asus GL703GS. At the beginning keyboard was waking up 10 minutes after turning on device. Before that it was complettly dead. I wrote to support, but they couldn't help with this problem. And then, after some time keyboard was completly useless, only power buton worked So finally I had to arrange to fix the problem. I did everything, that Asus support told me to do (drivers, format, clear Windows instalation and more)... nothing worked. Until I found this post Downloading ,,asus keyboard adjustment tool'' and launcing it completely solved the problem in one minute Don't need to change anything in files, AKAT automatically found proper drivers. So don't waste your time for Asus support and sending laptops to service with this issue. Link below, cheers

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by WJChae View Post
    Hello!
    I am one of the owner of ROG STRIX 2 GL504GW.
    I had this problem last december and I literally done everything to fix this problem.
    I had to re-installed the windows OS, Updated BIOS, almost everything.
    But still, I couldn't solve this problem.
    So I choose to visit the service center for the last option.

And they told me there was a problem on keyboard firmware and this one occurs really frequently on this model.
    However, ASUS doesn't provide the hotfix for the GL504GW. (I have no idea why)
    and service engineer said whenever this happens, I should visit the service center everytime.

and even before the 2 months pass, the firmware bugged again.
    And I found your hotfix, and It worked really good!
    Even though The Keyboard's LED doesn't show the right color despite managing Aura Creator.
    and Fn+F9 (Switching Screens), Volume keys, mute key and Armory Crate key don't work, Still, It seems like a good first aid firmware for the urgent laptop users.

I will visit ASUS customer service center on monday, and I will ask them for the firmware program for GL504GW.
    I am really appreciated for your share for the first aid hot fix.
    Thank you so much!

Hello!
    I have a ROG GL703GM and I struggle with the same drawbacks after I used this hotfix.
    Did anyone find a solution to make the keyboard work normal again, without any drawbacks?

New ROGer Array

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by raulr View Post
    Hello!
    I have a ROG GL703GM and I struggle with the same drawbacks after I used this hotfix.
    Did anyone find a solution to make the keyboard work normal again, without any drawbacks?
    Yes, I did on the same device as you. One post over yours

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by FifiMorix View Post
    Yes, I did on the same device as you. One post over yours
    Hello! Thanks for your response.
    I tried your method but it didn't work. After I run the software, it says that the keyboard's firmware is up to date, but it doesn't install anything.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast