cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro on Crosshair 7 Hero

DJ_Asthma
Level 8
Hey hey,

I noticed that there were no post relating detailing if this was succesfull or not to this before i bought the kit, so i decided to share some info on this. I picked up the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2 x 8GB) 3600Mhz kit for my R7 2700x sitting in my C7H running bios 0804. Using the XMP profile, the kit would fail to post (it did so once, but was not repeatable).

I loaded the 3600 Mhz 1.4v profile (Looks like a tuned CL16 preset) found in the bios which was stable. It posts, and have not have a crash, even under stress tests like Prime 95's blend test. I have tested it in Arma3 aswell and all seems good.

I shall keep all of you posted on what happens on this journey, and when i attempt to tighten the timings
7 REPLIES 7

elbubi141180
Level 7
Hi Dj.

Have you checked they are actually running at 3600Mhz? Sometimes the preset loads and boots fine but mb tunes down frecuency automatically.

Cheers!

Hey,

Yes, I am 100% sure that i am, as i check in task manager, cpuid and aida64 and all reported 3600mhz.

Nice then!

3600 CL16 at 1.4v is a really nice achievement! What CL's your memories are factory rated?

Cheers!

Hi

Have you tried CL14, because i have a kit of Corsair Vengeance lpx 3466 CL16 that i am running 3533 CL14 1.48 V.
I got the timings from Ryzen Dram calculator. 🙂

Thor3 wrote:
Hi

Have you tried CL14, because i have a kit of Corsair Vengeance lpx 3466 CL16 that i am running 3533 CL14 1.48 V.
I got the timings from Ryzen Dram calculator. 🙂

I shall try it and let you know, one thing i did notice was using stilts 3466 timing, when i try tighten them, i fail to post, but i shall do some more test

elbubi141180 wrote:
Nice then!

3600 CL16 at 1.4v is a really nice achievement! What CL's your memories are factory rated?

Cheers!

It's CL18. Boot voltage is also set to 1.4, still running test to confirm stability, but so far so good. I have also managed to run 3466 using the same kit and stilts 3466 timing wit the only change being 1T to 2T

Extol
Level 7
DJ Asthma wrote:
Hey hey,

I noticed that there were no post relating detailing if this was succesfull or not to this before i bought the kit, so i decided to share some info on this. I picked up the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2 x 8GB) 3600Mhz kit for my R7 2700x sitting in my C7H running bios 0804. Using the XMP profile, the kit would fail to post (it did so once, but was not repeatable).

I loaded the 3600 Mhz 1.4v profile (Looks like a tuned CL16 preset) found in the bios which was stable. It posts, and have not have a crash, even under stress tests like Prime 95's blend test. I have tested it in Arma3 aswell and all seems good.

I shall keep all of you posted on what happens on this journey, and when i attempt to tighten the timings

I have the same kit but 32g. Using the XMP profile i was able to get into windows before crashing. Running the 3600mzh 1.4v profile i get crash loading windows screen. using the ryzen dram tool i wasn't even able to post. What i am running now is xmp profile but clock the ram to 3200 and it's stable. Wish i could get the 3600 out of it. More testing and playing to do on this kit.