cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare & Contrast OC'ing setups; help others Achieve stability or boost OC!

Lord_Finesse
Level 7
:cool:
4 REPLIES 4

Lord_Finesse
Level 7
Hello! I've successfully overclock'd my Ryzen 2700x to an astonishing and stable 4.25GHz! at static 1.3875v cooled with a Custom closed loop Water cooling kit from EK (360mm rad with push pull configured with 3 exit Corsair RGB fans) (Haven't quite figured out the offset mode but would ultimately like to) The entire OC process has taken many weeks and many CMOS resets, but I couldn't be more happy with the outcome. I believe this is all been possible due in part to the amazing UEFI BIOS that comes with the "ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme" mobo. One that is incredibly resilient to even the harshest OC's I could think of at the time (putting into account mobo limits such as 3200MHz OC DRAM etc.) and by boosting the frequency of my "Corsair Dominator Platinum Red Top ROG series 3200CL16" DRAM sticks to 3133, I was able to reach stability at 3200, but because of what I suspect to be XFR or CPBO somehow temporarily boosting the ram to just slightly over the mobos limit (3206 was the lowest I was able to record) it would crash at unpredictable times during benches/games. Sometimes it would be 10 minutes in others could take hours but would seem completely stable up until that point, Temps stayed under 65 degrees Celsius and was receiving adequate voltage for the frequencies being called on, so I spent a weekend tightening the timings of the next closest frequency I could and have finalized my timings at 14-15-14-32-46-CR1 with 1565 Mhz per DRAM (8Gx2 Channel B slots 2&4) with a static voltage of 1.36! for a first time overclocker like myself I was incredibly intimated with the thought over overclocking and frying my components so when I learned that ASUS had built in protection such as forced restarts or shutdowns as well as all the other defense mechanisms such as the oh so handy "retry" and "safe mood" buttons located just south of the q-code index on the mobo itself (depending on how you look at it) as well as utilizing the "slow mode" switch just moments prior to a predictable crash, therefore adverting the crash and being able to adjust the OC and go again without any real risk of getting caught in a boot loop or what have you, prior to me remembering to save settings (happened more than once r.i.p lol) but any who, i'd just like to thank ASUS for making such great reliable products and furthermore would like to discuss any potential headroom I still may have and hear from the community what you're greatest STABLE OC is to date and the steps you took to achieve it 🙂

just a little update... ^_^

Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore, Intel I9 10980XE, G.SKILL F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ Trident Z Series @3200, 2 x EVGA Hydro Copper GTX 2080TI, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-Express Sound Card, EK ASUS ROG R6EE RGB Monoblock, 2 x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB Direct to CPU, Aqua Computer kryoM.2 with Samsung 960 Pro 512GB PCIe slot 4, 4 x Corsair XTI 480GB SSD, Aqua Computer Aquaero 6XT, 2x Aqua Computer D5 NEXT pump with Aquabus interface, 2 x XSPC 480mm Rads, EVGA 1600w PSU and more

I7 8700K, G-Skill 16Gb 3200Mhz