cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar u7 MK II 5.1 problem

IcedFREELANCER
Level 7
Hello guys.

I've got a new Xonar u7 MK2 sound card and I was quite impressed by the sound quality with my headphones. However, when I decided to connect my old 5.1 sound system, everything works except there is no bass at all at any volume. I've changed all the settings I could find in Sonic studio to no avail. While browsing the web I've found some info, i.e. MK2 model lacks FlexBass unlike and original u7 model. Is there any fix to this ? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
How are you connecting the sound card to your sound system?

When using SPIDIF, high-quality digital signals for all six channels (5.1 max) run directly to your sound system without any enhancements.

I'd suggest to use analog connectors if you wish to utilize all the sound enhancements the card offers. Older 5.1 sound systems will have direct 5.1 inputs, use RCA->RCA for the front channels and two 3.5mm Stereo->RCA cables for center/Subwoofer and rear (you can leave side channels disconnected for 5.1).

Thank you for your reply.

My 5.1 system is connected via 3 RCA cables as I don't have a SPDIF. However, there's still no bass no matter what I tried to configure - EQ and Bass boost - like it lacks crossover function whatsoever. I hope there is a way to fix this since I really like this sound card and it won't feel nice for me to RMA it.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A crossover is not needed for 5.1 content because the subwoofer has its own dedicated channel (center/sub). If you are listening to stereo content, then direct 5.1 input is not recommended unless your amplifier has a sound mode which incorporates a crossover function. Connecting left and right channels to the stereo inputs on the amp will generally give you more bass for stereo content, especially when you have full-range front speakers.