cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20CB BIOS 2202 Update

xxredxsparowexx
Level 7
So last month ASUS uploaded the 2202 BIOS update to the support page for my desktop but I can't find any information on it anywhere.

At the moment I have no problems with my desktop and the only thing I did to it was take out the stock GTX970 GPU that came with it and replaced it with a GTX 1070. So I'm wondering if I should even bother with updating to the new BIOS ASUS provided or not?

The only problem I have had recently with my desktop is that in the windows driver manager I noticed that the firmware was showing an error. Somehow the 2202 BIOS was pushed to it and installed to the firmware but it was never done by me. I had been noticing minor problems here and there when restarting my PC after updates where the PC itself would come on and light up and so would my keyboard and mouse but my monitor would just black screen so I'd have to power down and restart to get the monitors to come on. This was only very rarely.

Well today I rolled back the driver update via the windows control panel device manager and I no longer have the error with the firmware tab.

I assume it was giving me the error because the BIOS wasn't flashed properly? All I know is that when I went to the firmware properties and checked the version it was listed as 2202 and manufactured by ASUSTEK. After I rolled it back to the stock 2102 BIIOS it was listed as being manufactured by Mircosoft.

I'm considering doing the BIOS update only because it was rolled out to my desktop for a reason right?

Any tech-savy people here that can help would be appreciated and anyone who's already done the update to the BIOS on the G20CB without issue please let me know. I'll be using the stock programs that came with my PC to flash it. Being the ASUS manager that has the BIOS updater built into it.
0 REPLIES 0