cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted ASUS Sevices for Mobo (Mouse|Keyboard Unable to Login)

phota
Level 7
It's a bit of a complicated story. I've been attempting to fix my fan control service, broken since Jan. I have a new installation of AI Suite III, from ASUS support to install over an older version. In attempting to cleanup old files and start the service fresh, I deleted program files and registry entries of a couple of ASUS services. I now regret this haha, as without this service mobo communication no longer has access to my mouse/keyboard via the USB I/O ports. Here's a couple of the programs/services:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\... and notably C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.00.16\atkexComSvc.exe
  • Reg Entries: HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services (A couple of things here, forget the names though.)

My system is Windows 10 64bit, Asus H87 Mobo.

I'm running Ubuntu on another drive, so I can boot into that easily enough. I just managed to break through the hibernation wall that windows puts up, but now I'm looking for a couple other options to get connectivity back up:

• Anyone know how to edit the registry of your windows instillation from a live windows usb?
  • Can anyone post the reg files/contents that begin with "Asus" from the Registry location "HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services"? I can't remember the service or entry names...

I have some other thoughs about how to solve it:

• Somehow activate the teamviewer installation to be able to remotely control mouse/keyboard. The service does not automatically startup at windows startup (would be so convenient atm if it did).

Cheers, Matt
0 REPLIES 0