Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chevell65 PC Specs
    chevell65 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-H, ROG Maximus VII Z97
    ProcessorIntel 4790K 4.6GHz, Intel i5 8400, Intel e8600 Wolfdale, Intel Q9650 Yorkfield, Intel E6750 Conroe
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill PC3600
    Graphics Card #1GTX 660 OC
    MonitorAsus 23"
    CaseCorsair clear case
    Power SupplyThermaltake
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterDLink DIR-655, Asus AC88

Quote Originally Posted by theotorm View Post
    558/5000
    Thank you friend ... so you tell me that someone else appeared this error during stress tests in reliability history ... without having any kind of crash or BSOD? was it due to corsair link? but that program from error almost always when you restart the pc .... an aktra person had my same hardware error problem kernel 141? to me, however, 'on show no message or error of any kind ... appears only in reliability' .... even in whocrashed or blue screen view shows me something ... not nothing ... I await your opinion and thank you very much friend
    This issue has come up quite a few times here on this forum.

There may be a newer version of this software that will work but the version you are using seems to cause this sudden crashing or reboot issue all the time.

You will need to uninstall the Corsair link software, then check to see if the service is still running in Windows services, if it's still running disable it.
    Last edited by chevell65; 09-01-2018 at 05:39 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chevell65 View Post
    This issue has come up quite a few times here on this forum.

There may be a newer version of this software that will work but the version you are using seems to cause this sudden crashing or reboot issue all the time.

You will need to uninstall the Corsair link software, then check to see if the service is still running in Windows services, if it's still running disable it.
    but I'm saying that I have no crash or restart of the PC ... I only see this error in reliability history '.... I have not bsod .. I have no arrests!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyflyer View Post
    You have a couple of options here to isolate the issue...1st..remove / uninstall the Corsair Link software...see if issue disappears...if not..2nd...remove the card and it's drivers and run the chips igpu to negate the card and it's drivers as being the issue....
    I will try '..... but I wanted to reiterate (perhaps I have not explained) that I only see this error in reliability history' .... I DO NOT HAVE NO BSOD OR RESTART ..... I only see that error in windows' reliability of windows ....
    Last edited by theotorm; 09-02-2018 at 10:30 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

You have a couple of options here to isolate the issue...1st..remove / uninstall the Corsair Link software...see if issue disappears...if not..2nd...remove the card and it's drivers and run the chips igpu to negate the card and it's drivers as being the issue....
    Hello to all
    So ... I did all the tests you suggested to me:
    -Reinstalled windows .... with intel burn test .... the error appears to me after a while in reliability history and event viewer (kernel 141 and 117) + the nvlddmkm.sys driver has stopped working and has been restored
    - Changed PCI EXPRESS slot .... with intel burn test .... the error appears to me after a while in reliability history and event viewer (kernel 141 and 117) + nvlddmkm.sys driver has stopped work and it has been restored
    - Changed connectors that feed the GPU on the power supply .... with intel burn test .... the error appears to me after a while in reliability history and event viewer (kernel 141 and 117) + nvlddmkm.sys driver has stopped work and it has been restored
    - Tested video card 1080ti with OCCT (gpu test + error ceck) for 2 hours ..... NO ERROR or CRASH (and this makes me think how could the video card fail?)

Then I removed the 1080i and installed the integrated INTEL .... Even after 10 tests with Intel Burn Test does not present any ERROR

Reactivate the 1080ti card and the error reappears during IBT in reliability history

Tomorrow I'll try another feeder just to rule out that ...

I managed to make the Whocrashed program read the live kernel folder (here xche before I found nothing, only the minidump folder was selected) and here's what I found
    Crash Dump Analysis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump
    C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports

On Wed 05/09/2018 10:55:54 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180905-1055.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF800F6E6094C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFA60577F6B010, 0xFFFFF800F6E6094C, 0x0, 0x4)
    Error: VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 399.07
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 399.07
    Bug check description: This indicates that one of the display engines failed to respond in timely fashion.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 399.07 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

On Tue 04/09/2018 12:50:36 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-1250.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80EAB62EBF0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFD60240A634A0, 0xFFFFF80EAB62EBF0, 0x0, 0x4)
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ dispi.inf_amd64_f5be1f8d25335236\nvlddmkm.sys
    Bug check description: This indicates that one of the display engines failed to respond in timely fashion.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 399.07 , NVIDIA Corporation).

On Tue 04/09/2018 12:44:12 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-1244.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80EAB62EBF0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFD6024068F260, 0xFFFFF80EAB62EBF0, 0x0, 0x4)

On Tue 04/09/2018 09:38:20 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-0938.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8078D97094C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x117 (0xFFFFDC875800D4A0, 0xFFFFF8078D97094C, 0x0, 0x49C)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
    Bug check description: This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

On Tue 04/09/2018 09:36:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-0936.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8078D97094C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFDC875800D4A0, 0xFFFFF8078D97094C, 0x0, 0x4)

On Mon 03/09/2018 17:17:54 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180903-1717.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80E73B9094C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFBB067B9894A0, 0xFFFFF80E73B9094C, 0x0, 0x4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 399.07 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

322/5000
    So what should I do?
    I read around that you could change the value of the TDR in the system registry by changing it from the value 2 to the value 10 ....

This procedure would not show the error and therefore the "pseudo crash" (without bsod or something visible on the screen) or do not need anything to bipass the problem?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar

Hello to all
    So ... I did all the tests you suggested to me:
    -Reinstalled windows .... with intel burn test .... the error appears to me after a while in reliability history and event viewer (kernel 141 and 117) + the nvlddmkm.sys driver has stopped working and has been restored
    - Changed PCI EXPRESS slot .... with intel burn test .... the error appears to me after a while in reliability history and event viewer (kernel 141 and 117) + nvlddmkm.sys driver has stopped work and it has been restored
    - Changed connectors that feed the GPU on the power supply .... with intel burn test .... the error appears to me after a while in reliability history and event viewer (kernel 141 and 117) + nvlddmkm.sys driver has stopped work and it has been restored
    - Tested video card 1080ti with OCCT (gpu test + error ceck) for 2 hours ..... NO ERROR or CRASH (and this makes me think how could the video card fail?)

Then I removed the 1080i and installed the integrated INTEL .... Even after 10 tests with Intel Burn Test does not present any ERROR

Reactivate the 1080ti card and the error reappears during IBT in reliability history

Tomorrow I'll try another feeder just to rule out that ...

I managed to make the Whocrashed program read the live kernel folder (here xche before I found nothing, only the minidump folder was selected) and here's what I found
    Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump
    C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports

On Wed 05/09/2018 10:55:54 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180905-1055.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF800F6E6094C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFA60577F6B010, 0xFFFFF800F6E6094C, 0x0, 0x4)

On Tue 04/09/2018 12:50:36 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-1250.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFD60240A634A0, 0xFFFFF80EAB62EBF0, 0x0, 0x4)

On Tue 04/09/2018 12:44:12 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-1244.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFD6024068F260, 0xFFFFF80EAB62EBF0, 0x0, 0x4)

On Tue 04/09/2018 09:38:20 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-0938.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x117 (0xFFFFDC875800D4A0, 0xFFFFF8078D97094C, 0x0, 0x49C)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
    Bug check description: This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

On Tue 04/09/2018 09:36:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180904-0936.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFDC875800D4A0, 0xFFFFF8078D97094C, 0x0, 0x4)

On Mon 03/09/2018 17:17:54 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20180903-1717.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF80E73B9094C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFBB067B9894A0, 0xFFFFF80E73B9094C, 0x0, 0x4)

Conclusion

6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 399.07 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

322/5000
    So what should I do?
    I read around that you could change the value of the TDR in the system registry by changing it from the value 2 to the value 10 ....

This procedure would not show the error and therefore the "pseudo crash" (without bsod or something visible on the screen) or do not need anything to bipass the problem?
    Bro...from what I gather you seemed to have no errorsrs while using the igpu...suggest you uninstall GForece Experience while installing the graphics drivers...see if that works...
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

ROG Enthusiast Array

Bro...from what I gather you seemed to have no errorsrs while using the igpu...suggest you uninstall GForece Experience while installing the graphics drivers...see if that works...
    I never install geforce experience ... ever .... today I also replaced the power supply .... nothing to do ... the seventh test IBT still gave me the error in reliability history '... but the strange thing is that the pc DOES NOT CRASHA ... Not from BSOD ... nothing at all ... do you say that 1080i is really bad? IMPORTANT: Up to a month ago with the old configuration (MAXIMUS IX Formula and I7 7700k) NEVER had problems .... not even WITH IBT .... what should I do ???

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar

I never install geforce experience ... ever .... today I also replaced the power supply .... nothing to do ... the seventh test IBT still gave me the error in reliability history '... but the strange thing is that the pc DOES NOT CRASHA ... Not from BSOD ... nothing at all ... do you say that 1080i is really bad? IMPORTANT: Up to a month ago with the old configuration (MAXIMUS IX Formula and I7 7700k) NEVER had problems .... not even WITH IBT .... what should I do ???
    When you used the igpu it resulted in no errors but when you reinstalled the graphics card the errors returned...is that correct ?...Yet...had no issues with the card in a previous build...Try installing the card in the 2nd pcie slot....you may have a bad lane or it just infact maybe the card itself has a fault...last thing to do is to install a different card ( if you happen to have a spare card kicking around) to determine if it's now actually the card.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3