Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Strix hero gl503ge fan GPU problem

    Hello,

    I'm a new user of ASUS ROG GL503GE

    i had a problem with my GPU Fan Speed, it shows 5000 rpm when idle (really noisy)
    i've tried to install GPU Tweak II but i can't control my fan speed that program doesn't show fan speed control
    also i tried to install MSI Afterburner but fan speed % control is in locked mode

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPU SPEED 5000.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	75503
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPU TWEAK.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	75504
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSI AFT.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	75505

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    120

    Cooling system doesn't differentiate CPU|GPU vents control.

    Please use ROG Gaming Center.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Cooling system doesn't differentiate CPU|GPU vents control.

    Please use ROG Gaming Center.
    how to use ROG Gaming Center ? i know there is an option about fan overboost but whether i set it to silent, the GPU fan is not slowing down.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaming.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	75524
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan overboost.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	75525

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    120

    Well, in my case i had a slider (25-100%) in RoG Gaming Center. Please write ASUS technical support directly in online chat on their web-site.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I have a ROG GL503GE strix. Im encountering the same problems. GPU fan constantly revs up and down and sometimes gets stuck at 100% speed even during idle. I can no longer control the fan speed using gaming center. Have you found a fix for this?

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    357

    Quote Originally Posted by mariozamoramd View Post
    I have a ROG GL503GE strix. Im encountering the same problems. GPU fan constantly revs up and down and sometimes gets stuck at 100% speed even during idle. I can no longer control the fan speed using gaming center. Have you found a fix for this?
    Open the laptop back cover, then carefully unplug the fan connectors, then plug them back in. That's probably a bad connection with the rpm "sensor" wire. If the main board loses its signal, the fan goes full speed.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    I have the same issue.. please if you fixed it let me know HOW!

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    Open the laptop back cover, then carefully unplug the fan connectors, then plug them back in. That's probably a bad connection with the rpm "sensor" wire. If the main board loses its signal, the fan goes full speed.
    Was this effective? any updates on this?

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    I have had the same problem a few weeks ago. Try updatimg your BIOS, or flash it with asus EZ flash. That was the only thing that worked for me. I cleaned the fan, reset windows, unistalled stuff, etc. Flashing the BIOS was the only solution.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    What version of the BIOS are you using now? I'm having this damn problem, tried with BIOS 312, 313 and 314.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •