Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

While I am not a long-time ASUS fan, I was a long-time Gigebyte fan who got frustrated by the X370 Gigabyte Gaming 5. Bugs, features advertised but not implemented, driver problems, etc. So I ditched Gigabyte for ASUS only to see similar, though fewer, issues. I have come to realize they are all the same. I have read enough MSI forums to know they complain as well. Blame the age old enemy of engineers - marketing. I don't believe you can find a perfect system. Yes, ASUS needs to have more updates but that's true of all manufacturers. Development of new boards is put ahead of development of features advertised in boards already released. Because they have your money- why should they work on something you naively believed was available out of the box. I'm still happier with the C7H than I was with the Giga Gaming 5. Maybe some time next year or so they will get around to adding a feature they promised was already available.

ROG Enthusiast Array Big_Gray PC Specs
    Big_Gray PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Zenpad Z580CA
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMU16GX4M2C320016R
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX RX VEGA56 O8G
    MonitorAcer XF270HU 144Hz IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Evo
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCorsair Air 540
    Power SupplySeasonic 850W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Monitors
    OS Windows10 x64
    Network RouterTP-Link VR2800
    Accessory #1 Oculus Rift VR
    Accessory #2 Synology DS216+II
    Accessory #3 Synology DS116

From what I have been reading elsewhere, it seems the Engineers are up to their necks dealing with Intel problems!

Speaking of which (Intel probs). That was the reason I switched to AMD (a 1GHz Thunderbird lol) and I've never looked back!
    I am confident things will improve, might take a little time though (months). When I got my first Ryzen and CH6 at launch last year, I fully expected to replace one, or both, within a year due to them being upgraded.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I came from an intel board. The Rampage Formula IV. Look how long the BIOS support lasted.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

3 years of updates. This was part of my buying decision to go with Asus again because the support from ASRock was unknown. If my Crosshair 7 gets 1 year only of updates then I'm done as a customer.

ROG Member Array KillerGamerCat PC Specs
    KillerGamerCat PC Specs
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)CMW16GX4M2C3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 256GB
    CPU CoolerSKU CW-9060025-WW
    Power SupplySKU CP-9020138-NA
    OS Windows 10 Pro 1803

I agree. The software support sucks compared to other Vendors. This is my last Asus product.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
    I'm looking for a new GPU like VEGA 64 or maybe 2070 no way to pick ASUS anymore, also Zen2 and a new mainboard. I'll pick a flagship from Gigabyte instead.
    I just came from from a Gigabyte AUROS Gaming 7 Wifi. The BIOS is awful the updates caused massive system instability. Support was an awful experience as well. So much so that I returned it and with the Crosshair VII Hero. I was a long time fan of Gigabyte but never really had a reason for it other then relatively good experience with 2 motherboards previously.

I am not going to say Asus support is perfect lord knows I have had some challenges with them too, just want to say the grass is not always greener. That said best of luck.*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2