cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibaro Home Center 2 and nearby ports looses connection after some days RT-AC88U

Four times now in as many weeks my Fibaro Home Center 2 and nearby ports has lost internet connection. Every time I had to reboot the Asus RT-AC88U to get it working again. If I connect the Fibaro to a switch connected to the router, it works fine. Could this be something wrong with the RT-AC88U router? It only happens if I have the Fibaro Home Center 2 connected, otherwise the router works fine.

Here is a thread I made on the Fibaro forum.
https://forum.fibaro.com/topic/30674-hc2-looses-internet-connection-and-z-wave-status-led-blinking/

specs:
Asus RT-AC88U with latest firmware (3.0.0.4.384_32738)
1 REPLY 1

Ok I connected my roter and HC2 to a grounded outlet, changed the ethernet cable between router and HC2 and updated my HC2 to a newer firmare and all was well. I then disconnected from the grounded wall socket to the original ungrounded socket and after two months the HC2 has not lost its connection.

I'm not sure which of these two did it but I'm very happy it works now. Hmm I think I even updated the router to a newer firmware during all this too...