cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1070 crashes of power is set to 100% ?!

mfmaa03
Level 7
Hell
most games crash immediately like battlefront 2 (Small bright flickers on the screen ) or after 10-20 minutes like battlefield 1 i tried many things finely a lowered the power target from 100% to 88% and everting is working fine.
What cloud be the problem?
Note I have just upgraded my entire system from intel 4790K to Amd 2700x before it was fine they only thing from my old system i took was Graphics Card ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING.
Im not sure of it’s the new Small Case fractal Define C (heat) problem or the new PSU EVGA Supernova 750 G3 (power) problem .
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi mfmaa03

It could be a heat problem since it happens a short time after gaming.

Try cranking the fans manually to 100% with GPU Tweak II and see if the problem goes away, you'll hear the fans but it's not too bad.

You can also set a fan curve for the fans to ramp up to 100% at a certain temperature.

How are temps ?

mfmaa03
Level 7
fans at 100% game still crashes

this are my temp with 88 power:

Nate152
Thank you,

Temps aren't a problem showing a max of 63c and is good.

The EVGA Supernova G3 750 is a good psu and is plenty for a 1070, I might try another pcie power outlet from the psu and another 8-pin pcie power cable. Since it seems to be power related make sure all is well with the psu. If you're using a 6+2 pin pcie power cable, make sure the 2-pin is fully pushed in.

If you still have to under power it and it can't run in Gaming Mode or OC Mode, this should warrant an RMA.