Threaded View

ROG Enthusiast Array

New System Performance Disappointing.

Hey everybody. I'm gonna try to be as clear as possible in describing the help I need. Its going to be a long one so I appreciate everyone's patience. Its a couple of things actually..

I recently built a new system to better enhance my Oculus Rift experience while sim racing. However my experience hasn't been very impressive so far. My new rig specs>

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Intel i7 8700k (No OC)
    Asus Maximus X Code Z370
    Asus ROG STRIX 1080ti OC (NO OC)
    Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz (XMP)
    Corsair H115i Pro RGB
    Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2 500GB (BOOT)
    Asus ROG RaidR Express 240GB pCIE SSD
    Various other HDDs

The issues I'm having are simple. I cant run the same graphics settings in my VR sim titles as I could with my old system. I have to lower them or performance really suffers or the headset freaks out.

My boot times suck compared to my old Sata SSD even though the NVME M.2 is in the main slot and is set up as "pCIE" in the UEFI. That could be windows related so I followed a Win 10 Performance Optimization tutorial and turned a bunch of unnecessary stuff off....nothing changed.

Old system specs>

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    Intel i7 4790k (No OC)
    Asus Maximus 7 Formula Z97
    Asus ROG STRIX 1080ti OC (NO OC)
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB DDR3 2400Mhz (XMP)
    Corsair H100i
    Corsair Force GT 240GB Sata SSD (BOOT)
    Asus ROG RaidR Express 240GB pCIE SSD
    Various other SSDs and HDDs

In search of the possibility of leaving something out I didn't see any Intel CHIPSET drivers installed although I remember installing them...I think

I went to the product page for my mobo and when I really look at it I'm a bit confused. I wanted to simply download the latest CHIPSET drivers but I came across this as being the most recent download available in the CHIPSET section "Intel ME V11.7.0.1045 driver"

Then below that is>

"Intel_Chipset_10.1.1.45" & "Intel Chipset V10.1.1.45". Below that looks to be older versions of the first two....however some are abbreviated?

I downloaded both most current drivers. That was confusing in itself as there were so many different folders and different setup.exe but I think I got the correct ones. However, when I look in my control panel at my installed programs, besides my Intel LAN driver I only see this from Intel. "Intel Management Engine Components"

Does that include the Intel CHIPSET drivers?

I tried to install the "Intel VGA driver" and got an error msg saying my system didn't meet the specs for that driver..Does the 8700k not have HD graphics built in? I never really looked into it.

Finally , Why dont they have USB 3.0 drivers for this motherboard? Is Win 10 capable of auto downloading the most current drivers for my USB 3.) ports?