cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Maximus X Code LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) Lighting help

Bodycount69
Level 9
So I just built a new system and got the ASUS ROG Maximus X Code LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) motherboard when i power down the lights stay on, on the motherboard how do i get them to turn off when there system is off ?
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hi Bodycount69

There should be a setting in the bios to turn off the lights when the system is off.

Advanced tab, Onboard Devices Configuration.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Bodycount69

There should be a setting in the bios to turn off the lights when the system is off.

Advanced tab, Onboard Devices Configuration.

There is an issue with the setting.. Not sure why you ignored my thread on the subject.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104678-z370-maximus-x-code-issue-with-bios-not-saving-led-...

krubs wrote:
There is an issue with the setting.. Not sure why you ignored my thread on the subject.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?104678-z370-maximus-x-code-issue-with-bios-not-saving-led-...

Can you send us your full specifications.
BIOS version:

In your BIOS settings are your other settings reverting back? If so try swapping out your Disk-like battery attached on the motherboard.

cl-Adrian@asus wrote:
Can you send us your full specifications.
BIOS version:

In your BIOS settings are your other settings reverting back? If so try swapping out your Disk-like battery attached on the motherboard.

intel 8700k
evga 1080
16gb corsair ram
asus maximus x code
bios 1602

It saves other settings fine. Just that one setting isn't saving properly.

Zammin
Level 9
I am having a somewhat related issue in that when I try to set my MX Code to any lighting effect other than colour shift under the "shut down" section of AuraSync the LEDs will all be off. When I had the MX Hero I could set it to breathing or static on shut down and it worked fine. Not sure what the deal is with the Code.

Phillyflyer
Level 10
Bodycount69 wrote:
So I just built a new system and got the ASUS ROG Maximus X Code LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) motherboard when i power down the lights stay on, on the motherboard how do i get them to turn off when there system is off ?

I have the Maximus X Code and have no issues controlling the leds via the AuraSync....please post what exactly you want...I will replicate that and provide you the instructions how to do so ...fair ??
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Zammin
Level 9
For some reason Aura's shut down sync finally started working last night. Don't know what the deal was before.

OP, try open ASUS Aura Sync in windows and under the "shut down" section choose "off" and apply. this should turn off the LEDs when the system is off.