cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Populated All Dimms and Running At 3200 or Above?

JpArizona
Level 7
Im thinking about buying up a new kit and populating all dimms and getting 64gb ram since my workload can benefit from the headroom but I also dont want to be shooting my foot in performance if I have to drop back down to like 2400mhz just to have 64gb ram.

been away since the early days when alot of experimenting and tweaking was going on so I wonder if they have finally ironed out the kinks and if some of you are running stable with all 8 dimms populated.
4 REPLIES 4

Cory29
Level 7
I have 3200 sticks 64GB .. and im stuck at 2933 stable -- I can boot higher but have not been able to find something stable

people who get higher clocks stable seem to only be running 2 once in a blue moon i read 4

Retired
Not applicable
I've all module's occupied, running under 3000mhz, for a total of 64GB. Running stable for 2 months now. I used the D.O.C.P functionality and manually tweaked the multiplier because I was getting above 4Ghz with those setting's 😛

vsimone67
Level 7
JpArizona wrote:
Im thinking about buying up a new kit and populating all dimms and getting 64gb ram since my workload can benefit from the headroom but I also dont want to be shooting my foot in performance if I have to drop back down to like 2400mhz just to have 64gb ram.

been away since the early days when alot of experimenting and tweaking was going on so I wonder if they have finally ironed out the kinks and if some of you are running stable with all 8 dimms populated.

I am able to run my G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ) at 3200 with no problem. I have been doing this since I built my rid over a year ago.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
This comes down to specific CPU and strength of the infinity fabric/IMC. That density above 3000 will be fairly tough on this platform.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090