cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event 37 and Event 13 Errors

kaikai311
Level 7
I've been experiencing this error after updating my Bios through asus live update and windows update (by auto-update). Did a bios downgrade to earlier versions but still to no avail.
Tried all possible methods like changing power plan and setting it to maximum performance, reset windows etc but the Event ID 37 still wont go away. As for the ACPI error, no idea at all.

Asus FX504GM (Not even a week old, freshly bought)
i7-8750H 2.2Ghz
16GB ram
GTX1060

Event ID: 37, Source: Kernel-Processor-Power.
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
....(and it goes on for 12 processors)

Event ID: 13, Source: ACPI
The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

For event ID 37, It only occurred almost everytime after i boot/restart my laptop. But so far, it hasn't reduce the processor speed when gaming (checked through task manager). It's always 2.2Ghz and above. So is it safe to ignore it?

And for event ID 13, this one occurred randomly when playing games, but rarely occurs. Could it be ignored also?

PS: If i send it to repair, do they use refurbished parts? or new ones?
4 REPLIES 4

Erwin05
Level 10
https://www.wintips.org/fix-speed-of-processor-in-group-is-being-limited-by-system-firmware-event-id...

Step 1. Update Drivers and Eliminate Thermal Problems

In order to eliminate the "Speed Of Processor in Group is being limited by System Firmware" warning message in event log, first try the following:

A. RESET BIOS Settings to Default. F5
B. Make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your computer hardware especially the drivers for:

a. Chipset (Motherboard).
b. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.
c. Video Card

C. Make sure that your computer is clean from dust and doesn't overheat.

kaikai311
Level 7
Hi, Thanks for replying. In fact i'd tried reset the bios and all drivers are updated already. And also everytime i reboot the laptop the Kernel Processor Power error will appear in the event viewer. I'm not doing anything at all so there's no overheating issues. Just by rebooting -> checked event viewer -> and it's there after 1-2 minutes later. The laptop is brand new, so dust is not an issue also...

Having same issue. I reported this problem to Service center and they told me that my fan is not working properly. So I had it replaced but still getting the errors. Ignore this error but now I am experiencing heavy battery drain. 80-3% in 1.5hr. It just 3 month old laptop. So, you should also check your battery status.

cah4e3
Level 7
i had similar problem (i want to believe that ASUS ROG products are premium), but still - i had to RMA my MB.... after 3 weeks i got MB that IS WORKING....