cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080 Ti gaming mode or oc mode

BL_11
Level 7
Just installed the asus tweak 2 on my computer with the Strix GTX 1080 Ti, just wondering if I play a lot of games and want the best performance out of it, should I be using OC mode or gaming mode (default).
4 REPLIES 4

panzlock
Level 12
OC mode for best performance. And if you want you can tweak this even further to get better performance still. You can OC both the GPU and the memory. Find out which memory manufacturer VRAM your card has as Samsung Memory OC's a little better than the Micron counterpart. Just ensure proper cooling as the increase in clock speed will make things hotter.

Edit: Just realized you have a 1080 Ti. GDDR5X from Micron.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Talon1
Level 7
I left my 1080ti stock. I see no need to increase the speeds "yet". Handles everything at ultra/high settings. I did try it before but it seemed buggy. Maybe I will try the new tweak.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
BL_11 wrote:
Just installed the asus tweak 2 on my computer with the Strix GTX 1080 Ti, just wondering if I play a lot of games and want the best performance out of it, should I be using OC mode or gaming mode (default).

OC Mode offers the highest boost offset for performance. No real reason not to use this mode.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

cljustin
Level 8
I recommend you use overclocking mode to get the most out of your video card.