cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC5300 Account Linking Failed. (2) IFTTT/Alexa [Resolved]

mikeparkie
Level 7
Evening all,

I've had my GT-AC5300 for a couple of months now, works great mostly but I haven't had the chance to dig into some of the extra features until now. I wanted to setup IFTTT and Alexa integration, which I tried initially when I got the router but it failed. I just thought it was a blip and decided I'd come back to it later.

So I have just tried again and I am getting failures on both services when attempting to link the accounts to my AC5300.

I am following all of the prompts on screen but the failures persists
I have read the FAQ https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034464/ article but I'm not any further forward.
I have a DDNS name registered.
I am currently on Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_32738
Error message: Activation code error, please enter again. (2)
Enable Web Access from WAN: Enabled
I'm in the UK.

Has anyone else got this feature working? I've done some searching online but I haven't found anything which shows me to overcome the issue.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks

UPDATE: Not sure exactly why it jumped to life. I registered a new DDNS name and it's working now. Go figure.
1 REPLY 1

Lordargin
Level 7
mikeparkie wrote:
Evening all,

I've had my GT-AC5300 for a couple of months now, works great mostly but I haven't had the chance to dig into some of the extra features until now. I wanted to setup IFTTT and Alexa integration, which I tried initially when I got the router but it failed. I just thought it was a blip and decided I'd come back to it later.

So I have just tried again and I am getting failures on both services when attempting to link the accounts to my AC5300.

I am following all of the prompts on screen but the failures persists
I have read the FAQ https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034464/ article but I'm not any further forward.
I have a DDNS name registered.
I am currently on Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_32738
Error message: Activation code error, please enter again. (2)
Enable Web Access from WAN: Enabled
I'm in the UK.

Has anyone else got this feature working? I've done some searching online but I haven't found anything which shows me to overcome the issue.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks

UPDATE: Not sure exactly why it jumped to life. I registered a new DDNS name and it's working now. Go figure.

I have the same issue i'm on the GT-AX11000 using Firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_41700-gb567bc9